View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 08:15 AM   #9
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
Originally Posted by 12xDkD View Post
How much are you looking to sell them for? Are they in good condition? Do you have any pics of them? I also noticed there are like millions of of cone filters, what exactly am I looking for brand wise? Any good ones out there?! Sorry I have so many questions, I just got out of the 4x4 world and it's been awhile since I had a car.
My filter was $25 and it is a spectra that has the multisize mounting. it has like 3, 3 1/2, and 4 inch diameter (i believe those are the sizes.) depending on if you take out some of the rubber pieces. I will try and get pictures of the box tonight. and my intake.

Then you just unbolt the MAF from the airbox and slide the filter onas far as it will go and tighten the clamps. then just find a way to mount the filter so it doesn't bounce around. MIne was hanging for a little bit and was ok. but when I put my battery holder back in I used like 2 zipties to loop through one of the mounting holes on the MAF and looped the other over the battery mount bolt. it's not fancy but keeps the filter from bouncing around. I would have mounted better but no time or parts. But since i am working on overhauling the car I am going to make better mount.

There are pics around of someone who changed theirs out so you can see what it looks like. Forgot who did it but they went full Spectra parts and made their own for less than $100 I believe. but I went cheap and left the stock tubing just changed the filter

Last edited by Resolve; 08-02-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Resolve is offline   Reply With Quote