View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 12:52 PM   #10
12xDkD

Name: Kyle
Originally Posted by Whack-A-Mole View Post
I bought the tc wheels used off Craigslist for 300, but I would like to get 150 for a short sale. Two wheels were curbed when I bought them the other two look fine. I road them for a year with no leaks. I'll work on sending you pics.
How bad are the curbed ones?

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
My filter was $25 and it is a spectra that has the multisize mounting. it has like 3, 3 1/2, and 4 inch diameter (i believe those are the sizes.) depending on if you take out some of the rubber pieces. I will try and get pictures of the box tonight. and my intake.

Then you just unbolt the MAF from the airbox and slide the filter onas far as it will go and tighten the clamps. then just find a way to mount the filter so it doesn't bounce around. MIne was hanging for a little bit and was ok. but when I put my battery holder back in I used like 2 zipties to loop through one of the mounting holes on the MAF and looped the other over the battery mount bolt. it's not fancy but keeps the filter from bouncing around. I would have mounted better but no time or parts. But since i am working on overhauling the car I am going to make better mount.

There are pics around of someone who changed theirs out so you can see what it looks like. Forgot who did it but they went full Spectra parts and made their own for less than $100 I believe. but I went cheap and left the stock tubing just changed the filter
Thanks for the input! I was looking at that and was wondering how I would do that. I'll take a look around and see what I can find. And I saw spectre had a couple different filters at autozone. I might go an pick one of those up.
12xDkD is offline   Reply With Quote