View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 02:02 PM   #16
rybuzz77

Name: Ryan Starr
Default Tired of Car Companies
I understand that cars are going to have design flaws - ESPECIALLY new models! But bringing your car in to the dealer multiple times for a problem like this and the dealer not telling you that there is an extremely simple way to alleviate the problem from happening in the future is getting incessant. Scion should really be the one to send out a vehicle notice (at the very least - of course their not going to do a recall because it's not a life threatening design or mechanical flaw so they face no risk of lawsuits). But to have your dealer tell you a bold face lie that they will have to have a mechanic "investigate" the problem (for which you will pay $130 an hour) and then tell you they have to replace parts that either won't solve the issue or if it will - only for a short time - makes me want to puke.

At least at my Nissan dealership where I purchased my 2006n Frontier - they don't continue to charge me for work that was done in the relatively recent past and is clearly - again - a design or mechanical flaw. But - again - not something the manufacturer is going to admit to. My service guy at Nissan even told me that fixing a tire pressure indicator (which has been an ongoing issue since I've had the truck) would be extremely expensive and likely just a corroded wire so it was up to me if I wanted to pay for or just stick some tape over the light (we lived just fine without tire pressure indicator lives for millennia).

I can't wait to see what how the service manager responds to me questioning them about why their claiming ignorance to this obviously wide-spread problem.

Thanks for posting this thread and subsequent fixes everyone!
rybuzz77 is offline   Reply With Quote