View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 05:54 PM   #20

htheduck

Name: Howard
I did a little research on those units, it would appear those zr34 units can handle:

-323 mm diameter rotor, 30-32mm min max thickness and pads approx 19mm thick

I having trouble finding stock OE caliper dimensions, but OE rotors are
-275 mm, 22 mm thick

Now the rest of this discussion is only speculation, simple math, & a stock OE xD model as a basis for specifications from what information I can see on websites-so I cannot claim accuracy, nor fitment from actual experience, xD rally is going to have to chime in here...!

Starting with diameter if you search PF's site you can search for rotor sizes from 280.05 - 323 OD. So let's use the max which means you can use any size smaller for your car:

323mm minus 275mm is about a 1.8 inch increase in diameter of rotor, so
you SHOULD need a wheel + 2" larger than stock. +10mm thickness in rotor thickness could MAY require the same wheel to have a specific spoke pattern plus offset to clear the caliper.

Other misc details would be the average cost of $100-$550 per replacement rotor component, (not sure if it includes hardware or not). Then you would have to sit there and torque all those bolts onto the hat, and maybe safety wire them?

The pad shape you require you would only be able to order from specific locations-with various compounds. The existing compounds that fit that caliper usually aren't street specific compounds but more for race applications. They usually run $160-$300 a set.

Definitely post up some pictures, if this is the route you go.
htheduck is offline   Reply With Quote