Thread: headrests, ugh!
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 09:45 PM   #7
trueblue

Name: trueblue
Originally Posted by JDMJim View Post
ergonomics of the xD favor shorter people. bring a sunvisor down and I can see out the windshield. rearview mirror is up as high as it goes and inhibits my outward view and I'm 5'11".
It appears to favor short people. I find the windshield cuts off too low. I can't get too close to the stop line at a traffic light or I can't see the lights, lol. Also, no pre-made sunshades fit and in FL I need them. But... on the plus side... I need sunglasses less. ^shrugs^

In other news:
I found the thingy to release the head rest. On the opposite side of the button that releases it to go down (it seems to go up by itself) is a slot, sticking a tiny screw driver in there released the stop on the bars and it came out.

I tried reversing it, had to trigger that same slot to make it go all the way down, and find it's tilted so far the other way it would provide no support at all in an accident. So... I'm trying to figure the best way to make it comfortable and safer. Actually, I think SciFion's pillows are probably just the right thing. Thanks SciFion!
trueblue is offline   Reply With Quote