View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 09:17 AM   #3

Vengeful Squid
Full Access Member

Name: Mr Squid
Originally Posted by JDMJim View Post
this site isn;t big enought o need all kinda of stickies and stuff. there seems to be two/three kinds of suspension setups. TRD( which i use), DF210's( too soft for the xD, Yaris spring rates and rear sits lower than the front) and hardparked.

**thanks for the reply. are there any photos of XDs with the TRD's on (profile shot)? i wanna see how low is the drop after settling.

offsets depend on the wheel. I use a +35 offset on some refurbished Konigs. I've seen deep wheels with a +42 used. So it depends. But +35+30 is a safe bet on a 7"wide.

good to know. went to tirerack site and most wheels for xd show +35. although i am leaning towards 16x7-8 or 17x7.5-8.

On a TRD suspension, the drop isn't significant enough to warrant an alignment. granted I WOULD like a little more negative front camber to improve turn-in

so are you saying that an alignment is only needed after a drop? if so, i disagree. even a car on stock suspension without a drop would benefit from an alignment if performance gains are desired. this and playing with tire pressures are a couple of the easiest bang for buck mods.not sure if you get alignments regularly, but if not you should as the car's suspension specs shift (unharmoniously) over a period of time. do you have notes of the car's specs before and after the TRD spring install? how about the spec differences after the springs settled to say, a few months/period of time down the road? I'm curious to see how much that has changed.

my replies are underlined above

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

oh also, what are your specs for front and rear toe, as well as front and rear camber and caster?