View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 07:41 AM   #18
mcbrew
Full Access Member

Name: Jesse
Originally Posted by Rally xD View Post
We had heard that the 4 wheel drive function was only available at slow speeds or lower gears. Will look forward to hearing back from you once it's received.
You're thinking of the electronic diff lock.

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Originally Posted by simmons0613 View Post
lol, I know. I'm just as eager to see it. But he hasnt even ordered it yet. I did manage to get ahold of him after my last post and he said that he's having trouble getting it because of the EPA. So he's trying to see if he can get it as a demo car or something for his buisness.
I know people who have dealt with trying to import non-approved cars. It won't work.

One friend of mine bought just a turbodiesel VW engine (one that is not EPA approved) and the engine itself was tied up at the port forever... and he claimed that he was using it to build a generator, which would have been exempt. He was planning on using it in a car, though.

Current car: 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium w/ Lineartronic CVT transmission. Steel Silver.

SOLD: 2009 Scion xD - BRM, 16" alloys, VSC, K&N drop-in air filter, Thule Aero roof bars, TRD sway bar, TRD short shift, TYC LED tails, Curt class-1 tow hitch, Italian leather shift & brake boots, Red Line MT-90 in the trans, Amsoil 0w20 in the engine, ATE SuperBlue Racing brake fluid.
mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote