View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 02:37 PM   #15
sgtgeo

Name: Geoff
So i did this mod today.

It did not go as easily as i had hoped.

On my car 2010 xD the throttle body OD is ~2.5" the MAF tube that needs to be coupled to the throttle body is also ~2.5"

So what i really needed was a straight 2.5" coupler to connect the throttle body to the MAF tube.

Spectre does make a straight 2.5" but only its made of something else and cost slightly at more $15. Naturally nowhere local has this part. I was able to make it all work by using the 3-2.5" reducer to connect the throttle body and the MAF tube. I used the "collar" from the 3"-3"/2.5" adapter to make the 3" end of the reducer fit the MAF tube.

the other end of the MAF tube is over 3" but the 3" coupler will fit if heated slightly. if probably would go on if it was warmer outside.

after that the 22deg tube and cone filter of your choice go right on.

I used a AEM dryflow filter to avoid any potential issues with the oil getting on the MAF sensor.

I purchased a longer section of the breather tube and ran it down under the short ram built an adapter and connected one of the tiny spectre cone filters. I mounted it to one of the tabs the stock airbox was connected to.

I didnt want the short ram just hanging there so i also purchased the spectre mounting hardware kit (~$6). I used the plastic chrome clamp that comes with the 22deg bend pipe to make a support/mount and used the parts in the kit to connect it to the battery hold down.

No CEL yet sounds nice will report back on MPG changes after a few days when the computer fully learns the new flow
sgtgeo is offline   Reply With Quote