View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 12:19 PM   #19
XDevolution
Full Access Member

Name: Anthony
Originally Posted by Whack-A-Mole View Post
Lighten up Negative Nancie. How do you figure it won't hold up? Hopefully you're not parroting something someone has said because it sounds good. Of coarse forced induction puts more stress on parts causing extra wear. It happens in all engines. If you want your motor to last forever, never turn it on.

Man, if they're covering it with a factory warranty by toyota in Switzerland. It should be fairly reliable. If available, I would buy one for my car. My car may not last 250k, but it should last over 130k with moderate boost, tune, and fuel system upgrade.
In your opinion what is an optimal boost level for our cars? the video on youtube i spoke of earlier states that whoever purchased the kit tuned it to 12 psi and it only lasted him 36K miles (yaris ts) the pre set boost level is 6 psi i believe, so would that mean the car would last only 72k miles....and would it be recommended to leave the pre-set tune or or get it tuned after purchase. And fuel system upgrade? mean larger injectors? or what exactly?

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

.......and bottom line 7K for a supercharger kit is just ridiculous anyway, with that your better off gettin custom work done. It would be a nice addition to the engine bay and performance wise it will do well but for the price again, i"ll keep to simple bolt-ons.