Thread: Hypermiling
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 12:25 PM   #45
mcbrew
Full Access Member

Name: Jesse
Tex, you do a lot of city driving, or a lot of traffic? I'd have to look back at my records, but my lowest was still 30.something, and that was towing a 1,600 pound trailer! I do keep the top speed down these days... I don't drive like I did 15 years ago. To get over 40, I have to keep it to 55 MPH or lower, upshift early, accelerate slowly, and avoid driving in town.

My display was at 46.0 when I left the house this morning, and it is at 45.1 now. Most of that is due to the rain. I don't know why, but I always get lower FE when it is raining.

BTW, my display has always been 1.5 to 3.5 MPG high... 2 MPG high most of the time. No rhyme or reason to it, either... Not like it is off by a certain percentage. This is the first car I have owned with a built-in MPG display... But I know a lot of people who have them, and almost every one of them reads a few MPGs high.

Oh, and I'm a big Douglas Adams fan, too!

Current car: 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium w/ Lineartronic CVT transmission. Steel Silver.

SOLD: 2009 Scion xD - BRM, 16" alloys, VSC, K&N drop-in air filter, Thule Aero roof bars, TRD sway bar, TRD short shift, TYC LED tails, Curt class-1 tow hitch, Italian leather shift & brake boots, Red Line MT-90 in the trans, Amsoil 0w20 in the engine, ATE SuperBlue Racing brake fluid.
mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote