View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #2
CXTKRS1
Super Moderator
Super Mod

Name: Chris
Question
Originally Posted by macko_macko View Post
Hi Guys I just got a 2011 Scion XD Super White, and im looking for Mods to do on him (its a DUDE, lol). Anyways, im only looking for exterior and interior mods, nothing on performance, other than suspension. I have no idea what to do, or where to look. I was hoping you could give me some ideas.

Right now im looking to buy some rims, but im not sure. OK im a computer geek, not much of a car savy...so you get an idea on my backgroud. I thought buying rims was just: "ohh look at those rims, i want those" but now i understand that i have to look for weight and stuff. So what would be a nice Dimenssion for the car 17" or 18", and what would be the weight i should be looking to if im not going to do any mod on the performance of the engine, i want to mantain the gas millage on the economic side.

PLEASE HELP!!.
If you're looking to maintain your fuel economy you might want to stick with 16's to save weight. You might still save some weight with the 17's or 18's since the steel wheels are kinda heavy. But probably not since you will be running wider tires. Basic performance mods (bolt ons) will actually free up power and you might see a slight boost in fuel economy.
CXTKRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote