View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 02:56 AM   #13
CXTKRS1
Super Moderator
Super Mod

Name: Chris
Originally Posted by jester4666 View Post
i would think that if the plugs were your problem, you'd see issues elsewhere instead of just your gas mileage.
If the gap between the electrode and the plug increases your fuel economy will go down but the actual driving manners of the car will not change by much.

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

Originally Posted by XDevolution View Post
i still have the stock steelies.
That not what I asked, are you still riding on the 195/60/16 size tires.

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

Originally Posted by XDevolution View Post
on top of when i warm up the car the average mpg drops like a whole 10 mpgs. i started my car today and it read 33 ave. mpg and when the car was warmed up and i actually put it into drive it was at 22.6 ave mpgs. it drops so fast and takes forever to get back up.
I want you to think as to why the car would do this. Your engine is running yet the car is not moving (0 MPG) so yeah letting your car idle for extended periods of time will kill your overall MPG reading. You should only let a car run for maybe twenty seconds (less if it is warm outside) before putting it into gear and taking off down the road.
CXTKRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote