Thread: Brake pads
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 11:43 AM   #1

Pittshark
Full Access Member

Name: Mark
Default Brake pads
So I had new pads and rotors put on my 08 about 2 months ago or so. I got the parts from my friend who works at his family's auto parts store, so I got a small discount. I told him I wanted better pads, and he ended up giving me a set of Monro's, which I believe were ceramic, and not the semi-metallic ones.

Long story short, I was getting occasional squeal not too long after they were installed, which I thought was odd. Since I recently put my wheels on the car, I'm noticing the real problem. These pads are shedding brake dust like you can't imagine. When I clean the car, or just the wheels, I can't even make it a week before the front wheels start getting caked again. It's really annoying and makes the wheels look horrible until I get them cleaned again.

I think I'm gonna try a different brake pad. Seems like a waste considering these ones are still pretty new, but this is getting old. Anyone recommend a particular type of pad? I'm thinking about trying out the TRD pads, anyone have any experience with them?
Pittshark is offline   Reply With Quote