Thread: Brake pads
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 09:28 PM   #6
mcbrew
Full Access Member

Name: Jesse
Are you guys replacing worn out brake pads or replacing good ones for performance reasons? I'm always curious as to how many miles people get out of their brakes.

I'm pretty easy on brakes, even though I tow a camper with the xD. I just did my 60,000 mile oil change a few hours ago, and the brake pads look like they have some good life left. Back when I drove an old Benz, I was lucky to get 30,000 miles on a set of pads... but when I drive a VW Golf, I went about 130,000 miles on the original set.

I wouldn't mind looking into a higher performance setup, since I tow a 1,400 pound trailer quite often (and the trailer doesn't have brakes, yet). It brakes pretty well, though. I don't know if I would be willing to replace pads that still had a lot of meat on them.

Current car: 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium w/ Lineartronic CVT transmission. Steel Silver.

SOLD: 2009 Scion xD - BRM, 16" alloys, VSC, K&N drop-in air filter, Thule Aero roof bars, TRD sway bar, TRD short shift, TYC LED tails, Curt class-1 tow hitch, Italian leather shift & brake boots, Red Line MT-90 in the trans, Amsoil 0w20 in the engine, ATE SuperBlue Racing brake fluid.
mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote