View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 09:36 AM   #21
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
^^^ it is just a filter from the looks, the filter is slipped over the velocity stack.

If you look at the pic and you see the bands that is used to hold the filter on one at the back of cone. And you see the plastic ribs right after that. that is the rids on the back of where the velocity stack curves. then you have th coupler between the velocity stack and the MAF.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

And J87 (sorry to shorten couldn't remember you whole screenname, no disrespect) Based on what you are saying it may not add HP or any significant HP anyways, but by increasing the RPM acceleration speed that means you hit the power band a little faster and it probably increase the power band size just a little. Which is a plus. And it probably inproved your overall acceleration.

Almost like the throttle body spacer that this guy was selling for the first gen xBs, I had one and my friend got one. I had Manually and he had Automatic. The spacer had Hellical (?sp) cuts in it to twist the air. Now you may say it wouldn't do anything, but it did, it changed the power band on both and helped acceleration. MY power normally didnt really start until about 1750 to 2000 RPM and ended about 5000, but with the spacer my power band changed and I could feel more pulling power from about 1250 to redline in all gears.

and his automatic power band changed. I don't know his starting power RPM and how it changed, but his automatic would shift around 5000 or so even if he had it floored. but with spacer if he had it down the RPM went all the way to REDLINE before shifting. and his acceleration increased a little also,