View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 12:21 AM   #18

YELOSUB
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Tim
Ok long day, just got home...Please be patient with me, gotta upload the pics...Turned out sick!!!!

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Well the time has finally come...I did give you guys a hint in my original thread...I used the words "BIG" and "HUGE"...Well those words describe the size of the hole we cut in my roof...

I decided to ragtop the xD and also re-cover the headliner with black perforated vinyl to match the ragtop headliner...While we were at it I painted the visors and oh sh!t handles with flat black vinyl and fabric paint...That stuff rocks! The ragtop is 35" wide by 44" long...Its made out of black canvas top with the perforated vinyl headliner option...I got it with the brushed aluminum frame...

I owe a BIG thanks to Randy (RANDODE) for another kick a$$ install...This mans talents are truly remarkable...And yes, all out of his garage...He doesn't need a fancy shop, simply his hands and his imagination...So Randy, thank you very much...I know it was a long day but in the end the juice was worth the squeeze!

I also want to thank Will (phatchef) for hanging out with us all day and lending a hand, running to Ace Hardware and Checker Auto...Will also donated the plastic to cover my interior, blue tape, and a spray gun so we could glue down the headliner...So Will, thank you my friend...

I know I'm gonna hear, "oh my God you cut the support beams." They didn't do sht...Plus the ragtop frame fits tightly and I have absolutely no flex...It was so nice driving home with the ragtop open and the windows down...Oh what a feeling...

Here is the ragtop freshly out of the package:

Headliner dropped and support beams exposed...Actually all but one of them were held in by glue:

Frame positioning:

Interior protected from all the metal shavings:

No turning back now:

Test fitting the aluminum frame:

Test fitting the ragtop:

Time to work on the headliner...Got the material at an upholstery shop here in town...Cost was $28 total:

Painting the interior pieces...The A, B, and C pillars will be covered with the perforated vinyl at a later date:

Here are the finished pics! Sorry about the quality of the pics...It got late and I was using my HTC Thunderbolt to take the pics:

Last but not least...

Last edited by YELOSUB; 08-21-2011 at 01:19 AM.
YELOSUB is offline   Reply With Quote