View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 12:26 AM   #1
XDevolution
Full Access Member

Name: Anthony
Default Full custom DIY intake (parts and prices)
after careful review and research here is the list of necesary parts you need as well as prices. ( in order of set up..ex. from throttle body to the filter head.)

1. one 2.5 to 3 inch coupler w/t-clamps.....7.99
2. spectre part # 9405 (maf mount pipe+tuning adaptors)....31.99
3. one 3 inch coupler w/ t-clamps.....6.99
4. one 22 degree bend pipe (spectre part) ( 3 inch diameter).....11.99
5. 3 inch cone filter of your choice w/t-clamp.....24.99-49.99

it took me some time to get the perfect set up do to the fact that i was broke but i managed to scrap up about $60 and finish the intake completely. With this set up i gained a good 3 mpg's and in power and torque i cant say but i can definetly feel a difference in throttle response and take off. power seems to spread through the rpm range evenly, its more noticable from 3500-redline. All of this can be found in your local autozone, except parts 1+2, you can ask an employee to order them from spectre. i recommend getting part #1 because if u just get the couplers from the store with the 2.5 inch ring inside the 3 inch coupler it will not work, the whole intake will just slide off the throttle body. Any questions you can check out spectreperformance.com or ask me. hope this was any help to anybody.

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

and just to add your gonna have to remove the breather tube from the intake complete but you can always put a breather filter at the end of the tubing, all i can say is make sure you get the right diamter so it can plug right in or right over the tube and zip tie it down to whatever you see fit.