Thread: O2 sensor
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
manonxd

Name: manon
Default A/F ratio sensor....the expensive one
this is what the Repair manual says...P2195: Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) sensor (Bank 1) signal stuck lean.

A/F (air/fuel ratio sensor) sensor are a newer, if I can say, version of o2 sensors. much quicker to respond, more accurate and so on. o2 sensor are still used but after the catalitic converter (to mesure its efficiency).

it is the closest to the engine (starting from the cylinder head).

the more expensive one...but why don't you go OEM parts? I wouldn't skip on quality on this part. try to get a discount at the parts counter...tell them you will be shopping around..

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

from my dealer experience, i have seen that a couple of time after a major overall, either from the coolant that went and contaminated the sensor or the tech bagging around the sensor ( left on the exhaust manifold for repair/replacement). the most frequent scenario is a blowned head gasket and coolant went in the engine and destroyed the sensor. Since they are running 2-trip logic, (has to happen twice and each time with a specific driving pattern and many condition met...) the car leaves the dealership without MIL on and a few days (depending on the customer driving habit) the light comes on.

Last edited by manonxd; 09-26-2012 at 09:08 PM. Reason: forgot to tell which one.
manonxd is offline   Reply With Quote