View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 09:24 AM   #6

Vengeful Squid
Full Access Member

Name: Mr Squid
Originally Posted by Whack-A-Mole View Post
08-09 had a recall for replacing some vacuum hoses because at -20 below freezing after a week or so ice could accumulate ( I think it was on the Pcv valve) and reduce vacumm pressure. Which would mess up the brake assist, which can increase braking distance.

Across all models though some complain in extreme cold the 5 speed gearbox can be slushy. I don't have that problem. There's a TSB for oil consumption issue where they reflash your ECU to retard the timing. so is this oil consumption issue just for manual transmissions? this sounds SERIOUS! is this for all year XD's? did you have to go through the TSB?Last is just odd vibrations through the dash or door panels because our cars just snap together or pull apart. Really it makes it easy to work on, and my vibrations are minimal. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Aftermarket support could be better.hmm. i just assumed that aftermarket support would be good because scions are known for being customized. guess only love for the xb's. thanks for the post.
my answers above in red