View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 09:54 AM   #22

TheLittleDeviant
That Admin Guy
Full Access Member

Name: Ted
Ok so everyone knows, the situation is as follows:

The short block was replaced with a stock one, the head was port and polished. I need to go through a new break in period before I can really beat on it, but as of right now, the xD feels much quicker and throttle response has been improved ten fold, I am planning on dyno'ing it once the break in period is complete. So I will have video/dyno sheet in a couple of weeks. It fired up on first try, and runs super smooth, like butter, if you will. When everything was pulled apart I realized how bad the pistons were and saw that the rings were pretty beaten up as well, plus there was scoring on the cylinder walls, which is why the block got replaced. This was all in preparation for a turbo, which from what I understand, should be available as a kit soon from M2-Motoring. see this link for info on the turbo kit: http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156

I swapped spark plugs to Bosch platinum's, went to full synthetic 0w10 oil and threw on the NST underdrive pulley, I have ordered the TRD dogbone mount and am waiting for it to ship, also I will be bringing the xD to a shop to get a custom intake manifold made. Then will be sending out the throttle body to have it bored out. Soooooo Stay tuned for more info/specs/video/pics...

oh speaking of pics here are the last of them for this session:

TheLittleDeviant is offline   Reply With Quote