View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 02:47 PM   #19

Cylon_xD
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Troy
It scrapes when just driving straight and hitting a small dip or bump, sometimes even just an asphalt patch in the road will do it... anything that makes the tire hop up more than a inch or inch and a half... if I hit a larger dip or bump, it will fully bottom out in the front, but I was expecting that to happen with the car lowered... it will sometimes rub when cornering fairly aggressively, and I think it rubs when at full lock turning left...

I did not remove the bump stops, but actually CUT them down, about the bottom 2" (at the top of the plastic ring in middle of the bumpstop) as was recommended, both in the included Progress instruction sheet and instructions I printed off the internet for putting Tanabe DF's on a Yaris - same suspension, same drop... otherwise, I'd be bottoming out all the time instead of rubbing, that would be even worse, I think... I also had instructions for TRD springs on the xD, but since the TRD's are only a 1" drop, cutting the bumpstops wouldn't be necessary, so those instructions didn't say anything about cutting them...

Last edited by Cylon_xD; 06-11-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Cylon_xD is offline   Reply With Quote