View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 11:38 PM   #7
THEHMONGYAJ87

Name: Enter your name or name you wish to be refered to as.
no u didn't understand it. the m5 forums had stock stacks tuned for the motor already and by changing the stacks to shorter wider ones, they lost low end. For hondas and toyota it might be different. I know lots of honda 4-bangers use v-stacks to improve their hp numbers and better run times, not so sure about toyota but I assume the same would benifit toyota motors too since they are so alike. For honda some manufactures produce intake with v-stack in their intakes like Mugen and Comptech/Ct-Engineering with success in improving hp and tq numbers. And shouldn't our ecu adjust/adapt to the new intake. just seeing if any scion owners are interested since I don't really see anyone using these. You can get a stack for $30-40 off ebay and any filter with a 6" diameter neck will fit. Just make sure you get a composite so your intake won't heat soak as much.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

oh and btw tuning your car will always get better gains. That goes for every mods, tunning your car always gets better gains in hp/tq #'s and mpg's.
THEHMONGYAJ87 is offline   Reply With Quote