View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 08:58 AM   #13
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
Originally Posted by THEHMONGYAJ87 View Post
yes i'm sorry if i sounded alittle defensive. i'll correct myself, not all mods will improve hp/tq numbers. i meant to say tuning a car will always improve the car even if it was stock, but not worth it if you planning on adding more mods. our xd should adapt to the smoother more faster air flow. i'm not going to dyno this just for a intake change. it's just that if u planning on putting a intake on then mind as well do it rigt the first time than getting a filter and then changing it for a better intake later on. i'll post up pics after i get it and install it. won't be a noticable gain but oh well, better than nothing. cant wait to get this on and pull gsr's and xrs's out there....;P
OK now we see on same level I see what you mean now. yes tuning the vehicle for the mods you put on will always benefit. I read it as meaning mods in general will always inmprove.

Will the velocity stack make a difference over me just slapping a cone filter on, in theory yes it should.

As xd_kidd said it will look better than what I have which in looks is a plus. And completely agree with making it your own.

And I applaud people making attempts at trying to find ways to increase mods for our car. Especially since there is no love for the xD. So I don't want my posts on here at anytime coming off as other wise even though I know they do. I like playing Devils Advicate though. There is a difference , not to you specifically, with someone saying hey this should work and it only cost this much and a person or company saying this will work but it will cost this much. You know again nothing at you personally with that just a general statement. But if some one comes on here and says it should work and tries it and it works as good or better than expected for less than other parts HELLZ YEAH then. Also I look at cost per increase.

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

oh and good luck with it and I do hope it works out and you have a noticeable gain even in the butt dyno