Thread: Spam? o.O
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 12:28 AM   #8

Cylon_xD
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Troy
Hi Guys and Gals! I just deleted a bunch of spam threads... sorry, been fairly absent from the site for quite awhile... but my email was filling up with reported spam posts, so here I am, lol...

Anyway, my xD is still running OK... I did have an issue just before Thanksgiving where one of the two shift cables broke or fell apart somwhere near the transmission. The dealer had to replace the cable, but fortunately it was under warranty, so it cost me nothing except $61 for a full synthetic oil change I asked to be done while it was in the shop. Really weird feeling - I had just pulled away from a stop sign driving home one evening, and when I shifted into 2nd, the stick just went backwards all the way without any stop. Same thing in 4th; Reverse I couldn't even find. 1st and 3rd were fine, but all the gears on the lower part of the shift pattern were affected. I could still shift very carefully into 2nd and 4th well enough to drive home, and then drive to the dealer two days later to get it fixed. They had the car for a full week, waiting for the dang part. Good thing I have my Dodge Ram 4x4 as a backup vehicle to drive while my xD was in the shop that long!

I'll be taking my xD to the tire shop this Saturday to get my aftermarket wheels/tires swapped out for the stock rims/all-season tires, for the winter months. The stockies only have about 3,000 miles on them, so the tread is like new yet - much better than the slick sport tires i'm running, which are totally worthless even with just a dusting of snow...

And that's your latest Cylon_xD Update, for now... 1:30 AM, time for me to get to bed!

Last edited by Cylon_xD; 01-07-2011 at 01:22 AM.
Cylon_xD is offline   Reply With Quote