View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 01:53 AM   #19
CXTKRS1
Super Moderator
Super Mod

Name: Chris
Originally Posted by misformartin View Post
i doubt its ploy as the aftermarket company... as far as i am informed the new toyotas use a 64 bit ecu.... which is constantly relearning the way you drive.... perfect example is the 2nd gen xb.. those running turbo's are having problem with the ecu not working all the time.... as the ecu adapts to wha the fic are doing... so it requires them to reset the ecu from time to time... as far as comparing your american v8 to a 4 cylinder econo car is like apples to oranges... even stock they have to detune that v8 to adhere to local and federal emission laws.... so hence changing the intake and header will yeild more power... were as these econo cars are already running at pretty much its max efficiency to keep gas and drivability. as far as 93 octange goes the xd doesnt do very well with anything besides 91... there were pics of a motor that has been running 91 since they purchased and and there was alot of residue as the motor was not burning it all....
The reason so much residue was in the engine is because of the tuning since the engine is set to run on 87. I promise you a good tuner could get an xD to run on 93 without a residue left behind. My LT1 V8 was probably running closer to max then the 4 banger in my Scion since the engine was designed to run on nothing less than 91 octane and the timing was already fairly aggressive. Plus as far as I can remember even the older Asian cars had to run on an after market ecu.
CXTKRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote