View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 01:31 PM   #11
mcbrew
Full Access Member

Name: Jesse
I'm so on the fence when it comes to the underdrive pulley. I'm not necessarily looking for more power (never hurts, though!)... but more for fuel economy. The problem is that people toss out numbers like, "I only get 2-3 more MPG", when 2-3 MPG is an awesome improvement in my opinion. However, people toss those numbers around and I get the feeling that most of those folks aren't really keeping track of their fuel economy.

As with most people, I imagine, I am concerned about the drawbacks (if any). On my previous car, the water pump was driven off the timing belt... but the xD's water pump is driven off the accessory belt, right? I'm sure it would be fine under normal driving conditions... but I regularly tow small trailers. As we all know, the xD doesn't have a temperature gauge, so I'd only know it was overheating when the idiot light comes on. I have a feeling the xD could handle it without overheating... but I can't be sure.

Anybody have any feelings on the subject?

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

To add to my previous post... are there any long term concerns when running an underdrive pulley? I plan on having this car for 150,000+ miles... probably 200,000+ miles.
mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote