Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > General Discussion

General Discussion Discuss anything in general with your Scion xD here.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
alecnuhval

Name: Alec
Default xD on TRD Springs
Can anyone post a picture of their xD dropped on TRD springs with 16 inch wheels?
alecnuhval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:32 PM   #2
mcbrew
Full Access Member

Name: Jesse
Originally Posted by alecnuhval View Post
Can anyone post a picture of their xD dropped on TRD springs with 16 inch wheels?
TRD springs and shocks/struts.

Current car: 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium w/ Lineartronic CVT transmission. Steel Silver.

SOLD: 2009 Scion xD - BRM, 16" alloys, VSC, K&N drop-in air filter, Thule Aero roof bars, TRD sway bar, TRD short shift, TYC LED tails, Curt class-1 tow hitch, Italian leather shift & brake boots, Red Line MT-90 in the trans, Amsoil 0w20 in the engine, ATE SuperBlue Racing brake fluid.
mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:04 PM   #3
XDevolution
Full Access Member

Name: Anthony
my RS1 on TRD's. It sits really nice without worry of rubbing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XD RS1 on TRD's.jpg (49.5 KB, 31 views)

Old 11-09-2011, 06:17 PM   #4

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: jim
what's funny is the RS1 sits lower than my normal xD on the same suspaension....Or sp we think
JDMJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:54 PM   #5

jester4666
Full Access Member

Name: Jeff
i have trds...but mine is sitting on 18s.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:49 PM   #6
CWB211
Full Access Member

Name: Gregg
Yeah, Im on df210 with 17" wheels and the rs1 on trd with 16" looks like its the same... God I love the rs1.
CWB211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:56 AM   #7
XDevolution
Full Access Member

thanks for the comments guys lol the only reason it appears to sit lower is cus of the lip kit. my tires are also a size up from stock (205/55/16) so it fills the gap alil better making it appear lower.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:06 AM   #8
alecnuhval

Name: Alec
that sits reaaallly good actually. im planning to get trd springs which is why i wanted to take a look at how it is on another xD.
how's the handling?
alecnuhval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:35 AM   #9

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

We had a RS1 here for a bit and we parked side by side on stockies, RS1 was lower at the top of the wheel well
Old 11-10-2011, 01:40 PM   #10
XDevolution
Full Access Member

well the handling is good, i mean i wouldnt know the difference between stock height handling as oppose to dropped height handling cus my RS1 came with the springs installed. but the handling is nice, with wider tires and lower bracing support its even better.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #11
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
Originally Posted by JDMJim View Post
We had a RS1 here for a bit and we parked side by side on stockies, RS1 was lower at the top of the wheel well
How much lower?

If minimal could be any number of things. If major difference, then possible only a few reasons.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:06 PM   #12

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

at least an 3/4 of an inch
Old 11-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #13
CXTKRS1
Super Moderator
Super Mod

Name: Chris
I really like the TRD springs, it is like the perfect drop since the chance of scraping is virtually nonexistent.
CXTKRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:43 AM   #14

1sweetxd
Full Access Member

Name: Evan
when i bought my car, i had the TRD springs put on. gave a good mild drop even with my car being on 18's. the springs rode great and i had no problems with them. the only thing i couldn't stand was the wheel well gap. an inch looks like a mile to me!

so, i then replaced my TRDs with the Tein S-Techs. the drop for me is awesome and right on top of the tires. actually, tuck a small bit of tire. the only thing i would recommend for the S-Techs, is to make sure you slow down your driving and avoid road bumps. i am running stock suspension components other than the springs. almost all of my travel on my suspension has been eliminated. lol. any movement down more than an inch or so and im bottoming out. my inner fender well liners are basically non-existant now due to rubbing.

so i guess, in closing....springs are obviously a personal choice. first decide how low you actually wanna go, and then decide if your roads and your driving style will allow for you to get around being that low.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:25 PM   #15

ThisorThatxD
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by 1sweetxd View Post
when i bought my car, i had the TRD springs put on. gave a good mild drop even with my car being on 18's. the springs rode great and i had no problems with them. the only thing i couldn't stand was the wheel well gap. an inch looks like a mile to me!

so, i then replaced my TRDs with the Tein S-Techs. the drop for me is awesome and right on top of the tires. actually, tuck a small bit of tire. the only thing i would recommend for the S-Techs, is to make sure you slow down your driving and avoid road bumps. i am running stock suspension components other than the springs. almost all of my travel on my suspension has been eliminated. lol. any movement down more than an inch or so and im bottoming out. my inner fender well liners are basically non-existant now due to rubbing.

so i guess, in closing....springs are obviously a personal choice. first decide how low you actually wanna go, and then decide if your roads and your driving style will allow for you to get around being that low.
you must have some fat tires on the 18's for it to be rubbing so much lol. im on s-techs too but on 17's and ill scrape before my tires start rubbing.
ThisorThatxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:30 AM   #16

jester4666
Full Access Member

Name: Jeff
Originally Posted by 1sweetxd View Post

i'd love to go s-techs on my rs1, but the roads i drive on are way too rough to go any lower than the trds.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:22 AM   #17

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

[QUOTE=1sweetxd;12543] the only thing i would recommend for the S-Techs, is to make sure you slow down your driving and avoid road bumps. i am running stock suspension components other than the springs. almost all of my travel on my suspension has been eliminated. QUOTE]

hence the reason for installing new shocks. Well, you will be soon anyway. may as well get the Tein shocks/struts to go with the springs. It will ride better
Old 11-14-2011, 07:48 AM   #18

ThisorThatxD
Full Access Member

that or upgrade to coilovers like me, lol. ive been on the s-tech/stock combo for awhile now..
Old 11-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #19

1sweetxd
Full Access Member

Name: Evan
Originally Posted by ThisorThatxD View Post
you must have some fat tires on the 18's for it to be rubbing so much lol. im on s-techs too but on 17's and ill scrape before my tires start rubbing.
no fat tires here. 225-40 Falkens

not sure if they made some adjustments on the suspension for 2011, but my fender liners are basicall non existant at this point. rubbed them out and off really quick. i only hit the road or scrape if im going through a dip or drive way.

im actually looking to change out my wheels. prolly 16 or 17 inch; with a lip. that way i can possibly go a lil lower without scraping.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:23 PM   #20

ThisorThatxD
Full Access Member

im going down to 16 myself. big plans for next year

possibly they made some changes but still, odd.