Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Engine/Performance

Engine/Performance All things engine and performance.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:20 AM   #41

TheLittleDeviant
That Admin Guy
Full Access Member

Name: Ted
Originally Posted by DeathMachine View Post
This is good news to me! I know that I don't come on here very often, cause I often forget about this forum... But I'm glad that this information has come to light somewhere! I'm down for it! I'm kind of already working on a home-made kit, but I'm definitely willing to scrap it for a chance at a good quality kit!
Same here, I have already sold my other project car and all the extra turbo parts I was getting together so I can get the M2 Turbo kit.

TheLittleDeviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:33 AM   #42

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: chris
Originally Posted by DeathMachine View Post
This is good news to me! I know that I don't come on here very often, cause I often forget about this forum... But I'm glad that this information has come to light somewhere! I'm down for it! I'm kind of already working on a home-made kit, but I'm definitely willing to scrap it for a chance at a good quality kit!
I just got my account here (would mostly be on scionlife) and by the 2nd day I already forgot my password but yea im welcoming this kit in my car . Hopefully the money im saving, I dont end up blowin it on sumtin else lol

Last edited by xd_kidd; 09-18-2009 at 01:33 PM. Reason: typo =P
xd_kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:49 PM   #43

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

is 200hp max what we can get from our xd with safe engine. I dont know how fast that would be on a light car. but atleast enough for a civic si with a few bolt on parts or so to hate on would be great if you catch my drift lol

Last edited by xd_kidd; 09-22-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:06 PM   #44

Cylon_xD
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Troy
Haha!!

...you Honda hater! love it!

Old 10-15-2009, 09:46 PM   #45

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

honda make powerful engines. though 90% of honda owners are ignorant and cocky . so its time to put them in their place lol

bump
Old 10-16-2009, 03:49 AM   #46
M2-Motoring

Name: Mike
Send a message via AIM to M2-Motoring
thanks for being patient guys. just need to get thru sema and we'll start working on it real soon =) i talked everything a little more with my fabricator. it isnt a "m2" kit per say but his kit. im just handling all the marketing and sales for him so he can focus on fabrication and installs for the local peeps. kit will be available in 2 or 3 stages.
M2-Motoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:37 AM   #47

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by M2-Motoring View Post
thanks for being patient guys. just need to get thru sema and we'll start working on it real soon =) i talked everything a little more with my fabricator. it isnt a "m2" kit per say but his kit. im just handling all the marketing and sales for him so he can focus on fabrication and installs for the local peeps. kit will be available in 2 or 3 stages.
I do like the sound of that lol. what does the upper stages consist of? stronger turbo? any ideas on how much horsepower were looking at with these stages?

we learn by asking questions too you know lol
Old 10-16-2009, 10:25 AM   #48

TheLittleDeviant
That Admin Guy
Full Access Member

Sniff, sniff.... I think I smell stage 3 for my xD! XD

Old 10-16-2009, 02:30 PM   #49
misformartin
Full Access Member

Send a message via AIM to misformartin
Originally Posted by xd_kidd View Post
I do like the sound of that lol. what does the upper stages consist of? stronger turbo? any ideas on how much horsepower were looking at with these stages?

we learn by asking questions too you know lol
since teh kit hasnt been produced there are no numbers... only after the prototype has been done can number be posted... im guessing stage 1 will be just the turbo and engine management... stage 2 will include like bov/ intercooler and stage 3 will be a complete kit with intercooler / bov / engine management / injectors maybe even a fuel pump... we will see im definetely getting excited... wish sema was already here : )
misformartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:08 PM   #50
M2-Motoring

Name: Mike
Send a message via AIM to M2-Motoring
martins got it pretty close. i still have to go over costs and breakdowns w/ JRX concerning the kits and the price points. a stage zero will be pretty cheap to get but of course it wont have a intercooler and so forth. to me personally and stock block 4 banger i always like smaller turbos as they spool fast and have more usable power. everyone seems to be concerned with high hp #'s, to me it's more about the curve. any motor can produce power but the question is, how and how safe? id like to get a nice reliable kit that spools quick and is very fun to drive, but of course it's up to JRX. they are rotary guys by nature and they love fast spooling setups. I'll be going over the whole thing post sema with them and see how it all rounds out. Is there a price point you guys are thinking about? Some input would like to be nice and please save sponsorship questions for later as we dont even have a kit yet lol. We already have our test vehicle which is martin's gf's xD. I'm personally thinking same turbo across the board on all 3 stages.
M2-Motoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:34 PM   #51
misformartin
Full Access Member

Default 1
well cats out the bag my gf xd will be the test mule... i agree keep the same turbo across all 3 stages just include like injectors and what not to make the stage 3 as complete as possible.... since this is the gonna be the only bolt on turbo kit you can pretty much charge w/e u want since you will have the market cornered... plus the new corolla / yaris ts use the same motor will help alot.... i would say an entry level stage 1 kit for about 1500 -2000 but i would imagine that this would be as basic as possible.... like a tuners kit no engine management.... no fuel upgrades... basically manifold / turbo.... piping. and go ip in price for each stage.... like 3500 for the stage 3 would be a good price as it would be complete.... now im not sure of all the components of the kit so i cant really base any real pricing out... just my 2 cents
Old 10-19-2009, 09:44 PM   #52

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by misformartin View Post
well cats out the bag my gf xd will be the test mule... i agree keep the same turbo across all 3 stages just include like injectors and what not to make the stage 3 as complete as possible.... since this is the gonna be the only bolt on turbo kit you can pretty much charge w/e u want since you will have the market cornered... plus the new corolla / yaris ts use the same motor will help alot.... i would say an entry level stage 1 kit for about 1500 -2000 but i would imagine that this would be as basic as possible.... like a tuners kit no engine management.... no fuel upgrades... basically manifold / turbo.... piping. and go ip in price for each stage.... like 3500 for the stage 3 would be a good price as it would be complete.... now im not sure of all the components of the kit so i cant really base any real pricing out... just my 2 cents
and my working/saving continues

if a stage 3 is 3.5k then it just brings up more questions to what it brings per stage. (intercooler, piping, engine management and fuel upgrade?)
Old 10-20-2009, 11:32 AM   #53

TheLittleDeviant
That Admin Guy
Full Access Member

I was thinking $500 to $600 increments with each stage. so around $1500 for stage 1 $2100 for stage 2 and $2700 for stage 3...

Mike as you said we aren't going to get crazy numbers out of the xD without serious internals so using a smaller turbo for quick spool time would be ideal.

If we can break that 200whp mark with the stage 3 that would make for some happy campers, but honestly I would be happy with about 50 more horse out of a stage 1...

Old 10-20-2009, 12:05 PM   #54

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

I agree with ted. 3.5k and still not breaking 200hp is abit odd. and one more question. since a stage 1 is a turbo/manifold.. then a stage 3 is a complete kit?

Last edited by xd_kidd; 10-20-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:03 PM   #55
misformartin
Full Access Member

Default 1
as i am not the one producing the kit i can just assume.. 3500 would be reasonable for a complete kit with intercooler / bov / engine management / injectors..... a nice set of injectors alone is gonna be 500 bucks.... i think 200 whp would be a huge gain that would be over 60 hp gain.... for a bolt on kit that is reliable... i mean u can make the kit put out high numbers but i think the goal would be a safe tune / running kit.... and since there is no one else doing it.... a nice bov will run you 150-300 bucks...so price point is def reasonable considering that this will probably be the only bolt on kit in the market for a long time....

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

price is gonna def depend on products used.... aem fic with a plug and play harness is not gonna be cheap either...

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

so i guess well just have to wait till after sema to get my gf car in there and start the kit
Old 10-21-2009, 09:33 AM   #56

TheLittleDeviant
That Admin Guy
Full Access Member

Martin do you have a date that you are dropping off the GF's xD?

Old 10-21-2009, 11:33 AM   #57
misformartin
Full Access Member

after sema... right now the producing the kit is working on some other projects for sema... so im sure in the few weeks to follow they will start prototyping the kit
Old 10-21-2009, 01:01 PM   #58

TheLittleDeviant
That Admin Guy
Full Access Member

ok good, so we are looking at getting the kits soon then! SO EXCITED!!!

Old 10-21-2009, 01:12 PM   #59
misformartin
Full Access Member

yah... im gettin stoked at this point... : )
Old 11-04-2009, 11:27 PM   #60

302XD

Name: Enter your name or name you wish to be refered to as.
I found this on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Scion...d=260431995717

what do u guys think??