Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > General Discussion

General Discussion Discuss anything in general with your Scion xD here.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:36 PM   #41
CXTKRS1
Super Moderator
Super Mod

Name: Chris
A cell reaching out for a snack look on the tail lights is a turn off for me, I understand it is a Euro thing but that is almost over board for my taste. The vehicle is priced high IMO as well. Their is a TON of markup in anything Titanium optioned series vehicle. Do you manage to pay close to invoice? If you plan on keeping it for years upon years you will be fine, if you sell it say in three years you will lose your ass on this car.

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

Originally Posted by Whack-A-Mole View Post
Jesus! I'm not a huge fan of Ford anymore since my 2000 Contour SVT. That Focus does look better than I expected, but the sticker price shook me hard. That's almost 30k for a Focus. For around 30k your car choices are pretty far and wide, and I don't know where the Focus would be on that list for me. (not near the top though)
A lot of things change in twelve years.
CXTKRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:29 AM   #42
cvriv

Name: CVRIV
Oh I'm going to keep it and drive it into the ground. I'm going to school soon and won't be able to afford another car after this one. I'm going to get my moneys worth out of this car for sure.
cvriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:16 AM   #43
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
Wow I will agree that I wouldn't pay $30K for a Ford and definitely with other cars in that price range. I want to be clear the $26K is before or after your down payment?

Glad you got a car you like and that is great for you.

Now assuming price being $26K before, I know of at least two cars that would top my list. One being the Mazda Speed3 starting at $24K so would probably run around same maybe a few grand more after all said and done. The other being a VW GTI Which would be about the same as the Mazda.

As for your incident with the loaner car. I always am very detailed before borrowering and renting vehicles for that reason. Every small scratch and scrape I have them notate. Sucks you got hit for it and makes you think Toyota is bad for that, but on the flip side you didn't notice it/report it when getting the car and if they didn't have it marked down then they were not aware of it. So when you bring it back and it does get noticed after you drove it then you are liable for it.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:10 AM   #44

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: jim
$30k will get you a FT86....for now
JDMJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:49 AM   #45
randyP

Name: Randy
It is easy to get a great deal on a new car if you know where to go. You can try going to each car dealership and ask, but that is a long task if you live in Atlanta like me. There is actually a site I found, which shows all the prices and lets you compare cars. That is how I found my Scion dealership. With Sandy Springs Scion you'll receive the best automobile purchasing experience possible.
randyP is offline   Reply With Quote