Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Engine/Performance

Engine/Performance All things engine and performance.

Old 09-22-2011, 11:11 PM   #41
XDevolution
Full Access Member

Name: Anthony
when the first midpipe is done there should be a pic posted up just to see exactly how it will look.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:31 AM   #42

YELOSUB
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Tim
Ok, I spoke to Johnny on the phone today...Things are going good and everything is moving right along...Looks like they will be completely done with my car on Tuesday but he did get the mid-pipe test fitted and mounted up...He sent me some pics of it and it looks awesome...I like what I am seeing so far...

As far as questions go I wont be able to answer them but Johnny did say that either him or Jim would try to get on this weekend to answer them...Now on to the pics...

Old 09-24-2011, 09:49 AM   #43
Whack-A-Mole
Full Access Member

Name: Thadeus
Man, even under your car, looks show quality. What diameter pipe is after the resonator, and does it run up to the stock axel back location?
Whack-A-Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:49 AM   #44

YELOSUB
OG Member
Full Access Member

Lol...I believe Johnny said its 2 1/4" tubing throughout...As for as how far it goes I don't know...

Old 09-24-2011, 05:53 PM   #45
Whack-A-Mole
Full Access Member

Name: Thadeus
What about price and when can we order. My Midas mid pipe rattles, and I want it gone ASAP.
Whack-A-Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:58 AM   #46
XDevolution
Full Access Member

Name: Anthony
price is a serious deciding factor this is what will i guess make or break my decision.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:33 AM   #47
ScionNutt

Name: ScionNutt
Thanks for the kind words! Our company would be nada without the help and support of folks like Nateson, xD Kidd and our new best friend Yelosub. These three have been a driving force behind the creation of our Toyota header and midpipe and should be thanked for helping develop some kick a$$ products for the xD community. The good news is that we were wrapping up everything yesterday so Yelosub can quit taking the bus and get his hotrod back!

We'll be releasing out the different configurations and pricing ASAP so we can start building and shipping. Please note we also designed the midpipe to install with the stock exhaust manifold or Weapon R header. Like the Corolla project, we wanted to offer the option for folks to buy the midpipe even if they didn't want to purchase our header or had already made the investment in another aftermarket shorty header.

Thanks,

Johnny
RPM
ScionNutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:56 PM   #48

YELOSUB
OG Member
Full Access Member

Thanks for the kind words Johnny...For you folks in Az, I suggest you take a drive out to Chandler to meet Johnny and the crew and also to check out the shop...

Last edited by YELOSUB; 09-25-2011 at 04:36 PM.
YELOSUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:31 PM   #49
ScionNutt

RPM Header/Midpipe UPDATE !!!

Here is a link to our Photobucket with updated pics of the XD midpipe project and some sound clips with the stock axle back and a Strup axle back http://photobucket.com/scionxd

Johnny
RPM
Old 09-26-2011, 11:45 PM   #50
CXTKRS1
Super Moderator
Super Mod

Name: Chris
Originally Posted by ScionNutt View Post
RPM Header/Midpipe UPDATE !!!

Here is a link to our Photobucket with updated pics of the XD midpipe project and some sound clips with the stock axle back and a Strup axle back http://photobucket.com/scionxd

Johnny
RPM
Looks good.
CXTKRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:58 PM   #51

YELOSUB
OG Member
Full Access Member

I want to thank Johnny for all his hard work that went into this project...After my last venture (turbotoyota) I was a little nervous about loaning my car for another project...But after physically meeting Johnny at the shop and his continual updates and phone contact with me my mind was quickly put at ease...After seeing the final product I'm very pleased...The sound clips sound like a little beast has been unleashed...Can't wait to meet up with Johnny tomorrow and get my car back...

Thanks again RPM...

Last edited by YELOSUB; 09-27-2011 at 12:06 AM.
YELOSUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:02 PM   #52

YELOSUB
OG Member
Full Access Member

Woo hoo, talk about customer service!!! Johnny just called and said he is driving the roughly 60 miles to deliver my vehicle to me along with all my stock parts in a follow truck...I can't thank Johnny and the staff at RPM enough for all their work...

I will give you all my feedback once I get the car in my hands and take her for a spin...

Make sure to support RPM as they have supported the xD community when few other companies have...

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

UPDATE!!!!

My vehicle was delivered at 1:00 pm Arizona time

I fired up the xD for the first time, man what a completely different sound...She sounded loud and mean...Throttle response is instant...I took her for a spin and opened her up, man the butt dyno could definitely feel the power difference...Remember folks, I have an AUTOMATIC...I smash the gas and the xD gets up and goes...Smash the gas from a roll on and the power is instant...I believe their dyno claims on the Corolla for a 8-10HP gain are correct for the header and midpipe combo...I believe I'm probably somewhere around 12-15HP with the header, midpipe, Strup exhaust, and the short ram intake...I might be even a little more but without a dyno I'm not for certain...

You DO NOT need to run an aftermarket exhaust to use their header and midpipe combo...I personally feel that with the stock exhaust it sounds better but I will continue to use the Strup for the added performance gains...

Once again, thank you to Johnny and the staff at RPM...You guys do incredible work and I can see future products from you guys...turbo (hint hint)

Old 09-28-2011, 06:26 AM   #53

xDizzle
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Kevin
Nice post a video lol
xDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:44 AM   #54

ThisorThatxD
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by xDizzle View Post
Nice post a video lol
they already did and then some lol.

http://s1081.photobucket.com/albums/...0XD%20PROJECT/
ThisorThatxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:41 AM   #55
ScionNutt

Default RPM pricing now available!!
Morning! Please check out the following link for pricing info on the new Scion xD full length header and midpipe project that we have completed. Again, HUGE thanks to YELOSUB and everyone else that helped us put this together......big love from the entire RPM team!

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=393311

Johnny Redline
RPM
www.rpmheaders.com
480-390-2927
Old 09-29-2011, 11:58 AM   #56
CXTKRS1
Super Moderator
Super Mod

Midpipe only (no cat or resonator): $180
I'm not gonna lie that caught my eye (didn't intend to rhyme). This plus an axle back would give someone some decent gains without having to mess with removing the manifold.
CXTKRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:25 PM   #57
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
Now Just questions. because havent been following super closely just snippets waiting for final product.

OK so midpipe alone, just using stock everything else would be $180?

But if I want Headers from you, I have to get mid pipe as well and looking at $555 + shipping.

If I get headers and mid pipe do I need a new cat and resonator or will it still work with stock parts?

Also are the mid pipe or midpipe headercombo throwing any codes

Old 09-29-2011, 07:51 PM   #58
ScionNutt

We make a midpipe that bolts to your factory exhaust manifold or if you already have a shorty style header like the weapon r. We also make a midpipe that fits to our long tube header. Both midpipes can be made in the configuration of your choice (with cat, without cat, with resonator without resonator) If you order without a cat (off road use only) we do put a cel elimator on the pipe to help keep the check engine light off. Midpipes will bolt up to your factory axle back muffler and aftermarket axle back mufflers.

Here is the price break down with different options.

Header: $375
RPM/Stock Style Midpipe only (no cat or resonator): $180
RPM/Stock Style Midpipe with cat only: $300
RPM/Stock Style Midpipe with resonator only: $230
RPM/Stock Style Midpipe with cat and resonator: $350
*Shipping and handling is NOT included and will vary by location based upon our Arizona "ship from" location.

If you have any other questions please feel free to call the shop 480-390-2927

Johnny
RPM

Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
Now Just questions. because havent been following super closely just snippets waiting for final product.

OK so midpipe alone, just using stock everything else would be $180?

But if I want Headers from you, I have to get mid pipe as well and looking at $555 + shipping.

If I get headers and mid pipe do I need a new cat and resonator or will it still work with stock parts?

Also are the mid pipe or midpipe headercombo throwing any codes
Old 09-30-2011, 11:31 AM   #59
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
I am going to have to wait and see. I want the Mid pipe but I also want the header. But there is no way I can afford both now. and I don't want to get the mid pipe now just to have to turn around and get a new one later if I get your headers.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:03 PM   #60

YELOSUB
OG Member
Full Access Member

I believe the midpipe bolts up to the stock header also...I would call Johnny if I was you to confirm this...If that's the case, get midpipe now and header later...