Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > General Discussion

General Discussion Discuss anything in general with your Scion xD here.

Old 12-10-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
kniteGTI

Name: Alan
Default 2011 xD limited edition
I'm currently in the market for another car. I just picked up a 2012 VW GTI autobahn, and I need another car, which is for primarily the other drivers in my house.

Before picking up the GTI I was considering waiting for the 2012 3 series, however I can't stand the look for the money I'd be laying down on that. I was still considering a BMW maybe a month ago, but things have changed. I decided to just pocket the money right now and save it for my first home.

Now I decided to be a little bit more practical (and cheap) by looking into the xD. I love the flexibility of hatchs, from my experience with the GTI, but want an even smaller car so I can fit in those SF parking spots that my GTI has problems with right now.

I considered the Yaris, and Fit. However, I didn't like how the Yaris rode, and the Fit was a little bit impractical for the price to me. This car is mainly for my mom too, but I'll be paying for it. She can't decide between all three.

I was wondering for those who own a xD, if it's a viable option vs the other contenders in its price range. Thoughts?

Also, any pricing information would be helpful. Thanks!
kniteGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:50 PM   #2
XDevolution
Full Access Member

Name: Anthony
I love my XD. So ide say pick the XD over the yaris and fit. gas milage is great and its been rated #1 i think for the past 2 years for safety. Its also in top ten cars for ppl aged 18-25. there have been a few problematic cases (like alternators and water pumps prematurely blowing) but other than that its pretty much a very a good car and unlike the fit the XD comes with more standard features that typically you would have to pay for on a fit. and IDK what ur title implies but there are very few limited edition XD's out there. Scion has RS models which is a once a year thing. its just taking a scion model, givin it a custom paint job, addidng sum special extra features, and slapping a limited edition "RS" badge. when they make an RS model they usually only make a limited amount i.e. 1500-2000 usually.

Last edited by XDevolution; 12-10-2011 at 11:56 PM.
XDevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:53 PM   #3
CXTKRS1
Super Moderator
Super Mod

Name: Chris
Their are other contenders to look at such as the new Soul, Fiesta, and Veloster. The xD's are nice but being stuck with a 4 speed auto/5 speed manual in this day in age is a joke.
CXTKRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:42 PM   #4
mcbrew
Full Access Member

Name: Jesse
The xD does not have nearly the level of refinement that a Golf or a 3 series has. I traded in a Golf for the xD, so you can see where I'm coming from. It is largely based on the Yaris, although it does have a larger engine.

I don't know the current situation, but my mom bought a Nissan Cube last year for 14,000 fully loaded, zero % interest. At that price, it has the CVT trans, automatic climate control, and more.

Current car: 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium w/ Lineartronic CVT transmission. Steel Silver.

SOLD: 2009 Scion xD - BRM, 16" alloys, VSC, K&N drop-in air filter, Thule Aero roof bars, TRD sway bar, TRD short shift, TYC LED tails, Curt class-1 tow hitch, Italian leather shift & brake boots, Red Line MT-90 in the trans, Amsoil 0w20 in the engine, ATE SuperBlue Racing brake fluid.
mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:33 AM   #5
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
Scion would good for you Mom to drive but I agree there are a couple other vehicles in the prices range that may be a little better as far as price versus options. But between xD, yaris and Fit, I would go with Scion or Yaris. Only becuase I like the Yaris look. More so the Sedan Yaris. I have never driven on. But ride isn't really an issue with me like it is with others.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:53 PM   #6
kniteGTI

Name: Alan
Thanks for the input guys. I picked up the 2012 Limited edition in Blizzard Pearl.

The only thing I wish it had was the LCD display for the audio. It's not a deal breaker though, can always get one to replace the base audio system. I'm happy with the decision, but my wallet disagrees... 2 cars in 3 months.
kniteGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:43 PM   #7
xd king
Full Access Member

Name: bob
congrats and welocome to the xd family if you ever have any questions or need anything just ask we're friendly around here
xd king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:51 PM   #8
robbiej
Old Fart
Full Access Member

Name: Rob
Congrats on the new cars. I love the Blizzard Pearl.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:32 AM   #9

ThisorThatxD
Full Access Member

Name: Chris
congrats and welcome to the xD community.
ThisorThatxD is offline   Reply With Quote