Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > General Discussion

General Discussion Discuss anything in general with your Scion xD here.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:05 PM   #1
CXTKRS1
Super Moderator
Super Mod

Name: Chris
Thumbs down Damn grandma take it easy on my car.
So I walk out the mall and I see a few police cars around my parking spot. Some cadaver on wheels basically dragged her vehicle down the side of my car trying to park. She also drove through the parking slot and went head on into a parked Chevrolet Traverse and then she backed into a Chrysler Pacifica. Apparently the mall cops showed up but the old bird just drove off and the car had no plates so unless the police find her then me and the other two vehicle owners are SOL insurance wise (doubt she has insurance anyway). The thing that blows my mind is that according to mall security she drove on top of a curve and got stuck a week ago and it was never reported to police. Basically either this old lady has a medical condition or is just basically way to old to be on the road. Front clip is damaged, multiple dents along the side of the car, driver side doors rubs front fender when opened now, and blue paint is everywhere. I'm not sure whether or not to fix it or just drive it like it is. I was able to remove most of the paint and a coworker will help me if I want to remove the dents. He also knows a good painter in case I want some body work done along with a new front clip and side of the car repainted..single stage white paint isn't really expensive it seems.

Sorry for the crappy pics.

Impact must have been pretty rough, made my stethoscope strike my dash hard enough to leave a dent.

BTW don't laugh at my cheap stethoscope I just need it to take BP.
CXTKRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:16 PM   #2

jester4666
Full Access Member

Name: Jeff
i'll say it again...xD's are targets.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:40 AM   #3
CWB211
Full Access Member

Name: Gregg
Damn, that really sucks. I would still submit it to insurance though. You may still have a deductible but someone will probably come and look at your car to get an estimate done, but shouldn't be an issue to claim. This has happened to me a few times before when I lived in Pittsburgh. My car would be parked at a bus terminal and when I would get back later in the day some idiot would of hit me. Insurance still covered it since it was an accident that was not your fault, and since you were not even in your vehicle when it happened it will not raise your rates at all.

Thats one thing that is always on my mind after putting more money into my car though. No matter where you go you are going to have a-holes and incompetent drivers and you are usually the one stuck holding the bill. I live in a center city area also, so its all street parking. Everyday I get up I check my car for dents and dings. Very un-nerving.
CWB211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:32 PM   #4

simmons0613
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Matt
thats why i walk. after I got my 3 or 4 dents in my door, I just park as far away as possible and walk.

simmons0613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:50 PM   #5
XDevolution
Full Access Member

Name: Anthony
Originally Posted by simmons0613 View Post
thats why i walk. after I got my 3 or 4 dents in my door, I just park as far away as possible and walk.
yessir, i park real far away and i'll take the walk, im very tired of accidents and things going south for my car, and it always happens when i just get alil bit of money -__-

Old 08-25-2011, 06:05 PM   #6

simmons0613
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Matt
I just noticed, you only get scratches and dings when its either a new car or when you want to take care of it. But when its old or you dont care nothing ever happens to it. lol

simmons0613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:42 PM   #7

TexXBox
Full Access Member

Name: Steve
That sucks man. I've had stuff like that happen to me too. Totally ruins your day. Like the others have said, call your insurance agent and let him know what happened. You don't have to make a claim, just talk to them and see what they recommend. That is what you pay them for..

Originally Posted by simmons0613 View Post
Originally Posted by XDevolution View Post
yessir, i park real far away and i'll take the walk, im very tired of accidents and things going south for my car, and it always happens when i just get alil bit of money -__-
The only problem with parking a ways out and walking is that there are no other cars around yours to act as a shield when some "driving by the Braille method" moron goes blazing cross country through the parking lot and accidentally uses your car as a speed bump and/or trajectory corrector.