Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Engine/Performance

Engine/Performance All things engine and performance.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
Zoohu

Name: Ryan
Default Engine questions.
So i was playing forza 4 and realized they have an 09 scion xD (same year as mine)
I went to engine swap and notice you can put the motor in a 05 tc in an xd (2az-fe)
Forza is known to be pretty realistic and accurate game and friends of mine use this game to upgrade their cars IRL and every time it's been pretty accurate so I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the 2az-fe fitting in the xD.

I want more performance out of my xD and I was told to get a swap and then start working on performance but im not sure what can fit in the engine bay without and major reconstruction.
Scion XD is a rare car where im at and not many people know what they are so thats why i want to upgrade the performance on my xD other than upgrade another car.

thanks.
Zoohu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #2

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: chris
not trying to be mean, but the search engine can be your best friend. Pllease do your research before adding more answered questions. Hence, why people don't respond to your questions.

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203605

Old 09-13-2012, 08:15 AM   #3
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
^^^ Search can be your friend but I will say I tried searching engine swaps yesterday on google to see who has done what xd swaps other than the couple I seen before and never saw that thread. So it is possible to miss that. And I hate Scionlife. I used to be on there daily back in 05 but it became a bunch of hot headed know it alls that wanted to down anyone that wasn't one of their own nut huggers. ok end rant on scionlife.

But in all the 2AZ would fit I was looking to do it. But since you are too I need to change my engine. lol. actually around here I would be the only engine swapped xd so it would matter what engine I put in and to be able to piss off the bazillion tCs since i have their engine would be nice.

But one reason to know it would fit is look at the Corolla. It has the same engine as the xd in the lower models but the XRS model has the 2AZ. so that tells me it will fit. but mounting will need to be looked at.

Since th xD is going to become more of a show style car. I will be looking more into the different one off stuff and let you know if I find anything.

IF you have never done an engine swap.... remember even if the engine does fit. you still are going to be spending a few grand to get it working and working right. Engine, ECU, wiring harness (possibly), and then know or have someone that know how to wire good just in case you need to splic and hard wire some stuff for you dash cluster to work with the new set up. Getting a used engine and ECU combo will probably be at least around $1500. This is before tranny thoughts and decisions.

and if this is a daily driver don't do it. you never know what problems may arise or how long it will take. swapping engine now a days is nothing like swapping engines 20 plus years ago when you could swap a carburated V8 into anything in a weekend and never have a problem.

Last edited by Resolve; 09-13-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Resolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #4

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

i may take a stab at doing this after winter but i kinda just want to upgrade and call it a day since i just want to focus in school. if you want an easier swap, do a 2zz swap. stock ecu would work. 1zz will work easier for it should be a straight bolt on to our trans.

2az gonna needa e series trans or a conversion from monkey wrench racing which will be pricey.. putting an e series trans wont be the easiest walk in the park either but i do believe it will drop in fine

Last edited by xd_kidd; 09-13-2012 at 01:27 PM.
xd_kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:05 PM   #5
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

I am just looking right now. Haven't dove full into research. So you are saying the 2zz would fit and could use our ECU?

I just need to do alot of research and measuring. IDK yet. maybe after I pay it off in the next year I will start engine modding.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #6

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

no, we have to use their ecu. It can work if your not doing much more than an intake and exhaust... im debating to do a swap myself.. im not to far of from paying it off and i'll be relief to be out of debt... for a little while lol

Old 09-14-2012, 07:50 AM   #7
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

OK I misread the stock ecu part thinking you meant our ecu. Which I thought was odd.

Well I think I want to finish my interior first then move on the engine bay. I will be doing a full wire tuck eventually. at that point I will start all my measuring and figuring for the room I have and go from there.

I mean the money i will be putting into this car I should just say and buy a whole new car with better performance, but what's the fun in that. It's much funner to have twice the money in mods than you paid for the car.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:55 PM   #8

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

no, your right. i didnt explained myself well enough, but you made a valid point. Modding is more fun. Well I still have time to decide and if I do keep it, then I already have the list of mods ready... and a triathlon bike