Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Audio/Interior Electronics

Audio/Interior Electronics Questions, tips/advice, comments and all things about car audio and other interior gagets.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:42 PM   #1
bam

Name: BAM
Default Dashboard texture
This may seem like a silly question but I'm going to be purchasing an xd soon and was wondering what years have the textured dashboard? Also, does anybody have any regrets or anything they would do differently with their xd purchase??
bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:45 AM   #2
nguyen925

Name: jonathan
I have a 08' that has a textured dashboard. It kinda gets dirty a bit more than other cars but nothing a few wipes won't catch. Kinda wish I bought better tires for my car. My TOYO directionals are possibly the most expensive/loudest tires I've every purchased as a set.
nguyen925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:56 PM   #3

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: jim
all years have textured dash, getting TRD shocks, cuz mine look like they have 200K miles on them when in reality they have 25k on them....they don't weather well, maybe a rear sway bar woulda been nice....CAr is good, I'm really disappointed in the amount of rusty bolts all over the engine and underbody...
JDMJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:07 PM   #4
Whack-A-Mole
Full Access Member

Name: Thadeus
The armor all wipes do a good job of getting the accumulation of dust that collects in the texture of the dash.
Jdmjim, what shock do you have currently? Stock, TRD, or tokico?
Whack-A-Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #5

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: jim
TRD's
JDMJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:36 AM   #6

firstkingofbeer
Full Access Member

Name: Enter your name or name you wish to be refered to as.
honestly youll probably be happier and for sure save money if you just get a base model. maybe throw on the spoiler and floor mats, but everything else is cheaper and better quality aftermarket. you can get a badass headunit with nav/dvd and all that fun stuff for less than a grand nowadays, i believe scion is still charging 2grand. if you wanna drop it get springs or coils. springs with a larger drop are still cheaper than the trds. wheels unless you really really like the optional ones, i would buy elsewhere cause then youll have more options and can possibly save more money. i bought both of my xDs as base models except i got a couple free parts from the dealer on my 2nd and i got the spoiler and rear sway. ive saved in the end as far as buying "optional" equipment aftermarket. if you have questions about certain options or where you can get things feel free to ask. i hope i helped some
firstkingofbeer is offline   Reply With Quote