Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > General Discussion

General Discussion Discuss anything in general with your Scion xD here.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:15 PM   #1
andyxd

Name: andyxd
Default roof rack
any body have any idea where to get a good roof rack for some what cheap just wanting like a cargo one?
andyxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:01 PM   #2
mcbrew
Full Access Member

Name: Jesse
I bought mine at eTrailer. I got the Thule Aero rack. I have owned Yakima and am not a fan of the round bars. Thule has a less expensive line that is square, but I really like the look, functionality, and ease of installation/removal of the aero bars. It was about $330 shipped. I thing the other Thule system is about $280.

This is the only pic I have taken since the installation:

Current car: 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium w/ Lineartronic CVT transmission. Steel Silver.

SOLD: 2009 Scion xD - BRM, 16" alloys, VSC, K&N drop-in air filter, Thule Aero roof bars, TRD sway bar, TRD short shift, TYC LED tails, Curt class-1 tow hitch, Italian leather shift & brake boots, Red Line MT-90 in the trans, Amsoil 0w20 in the engine, ATE SuperBlue Racing brake fluid.

Last edited by mcbrew; 04-03-2011 at 11:20 PM.
mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #3
mcbrew
Full Access Member

Name: Jesse
Just took another pic after putting my cargo box on it. The box is Sears exCargo brand, but is made by Thule.

Current car: 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium w/ Lineartronic CVT transmission. Steel Silver.

SOLD: 2009 Scion xD - BRM, 16" alloys, VSC, K&N drop-in air filter, Thule Aero roof bars, TRD sway bar, TRD short shift, TYC LED tails, Curt class-1 tow hitch, Italian leather shift & brake boots, Red Line MT-90 in the trans, Amsoil 0w20 in the engine, ATE SuperBlue Racing brake fluid.
mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:25 PM   #4
natalie

Name: Natalie
Default yakima skybox 16s
I recently got a roof rack system for my scion xd. I went with Yakima because the REI sales associate said that he finds yakima racks fit Japanese cars better than Thule racks. I eventually bought everything but the Q-clips (which are the only car-specific parts) off craigslist and thus paid about 50% of the retail price. The skybox 16s is long enough to carry skis but short enough to fit perfectly on the roof without interfering with opening the trunk. I've noticed a 3-4 mpg reduction with the box. Wind noise is not noticeable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bently new roofrack.jpg (86.7 KB, 17 views)
natalie is offline   Reply With Quote