Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Audio/Interior Electronics

Audio/Interior Electronics Questions, tips/advice, comments and all things about car audio and other interior gagets.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
robbiej
Old Fart
Full Access Member

Name: Rob
Default Door speaker upgrades
Ok, going to be replacing my door speakers and was wondering what everyone was running in their doors. I'm still running the stock stereo and not putting an amp in it right away, but will be doing so later. So, post up what your running, pics if you have them mounted so that the grilles are used.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:56 AM   #2

KylexD
Full Access Member

Name: Kyle
Door speakers....you have to go with MB Quarts!!! I don't have them in my D yet...but I will. I have a kenwood set up in my trunk, 2 12's and a 1200wat mono. I have MB's in my durango, with bass blockers and 3 10'' JL's, the highs on the MB's are just awesome, very nice sound.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

And dont be turned off by the price, cause MB Quarts are well worth it, and you can also get yours off ebay for much cheaper like I did. I would recommed ampin them, but you dont have to right away.

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

What kind of set up are you going for? Cause I always get speakers with great highs...bass block them....and run all the bass from my subs, much better sound IMO.
KylexD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:42 PM   #3

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: jim
I may throw my wifes old Boston Acoustic S60's in the xD this Spring... good thing I kept the speaker mounts we made for the tC!
JDMJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:25 PM   #4
robbiej
Old Fart
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by KylexD View Post
What kind of set up are you going for? Cause I always get speakers with great highs...bass block them....and run all the bass from my subs, much better sound IMO.
Well, was looking at getting components in the front doors and co-ax in the rear doors. I have 2 Memphis Audio Street Edge subs powered by a Street Edge 250watt Class D amp. I'm not going for rattle the windows loud, just want something that sounds good. Will eventually hook everything up to a 5 channel amp and change out the subs. Have them in custom pods color matched to the car.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:14 PM   #5

KylexD
Full Access Member

Name: Kyle
IMO, I would keep the sub set up you have, and get MB Quart components w/the crossovers, and a 250W MB amp to run the speakers. Bass resonates real nice in hatches, and the highs that the MB put off with your subs would sound great.
KylexD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:21 PM   #6
robbiej
Old Fart
Full Access Member

Well, I ended up getting some Kickers and had the local shop install them, had it done today. Sound nice, look good, I'm happy. They will handle an amp later down the road, so thats good. The spokes of the grilles will be painted to match the car. Here are a few quick pics...

Last edited by robbiej; 02-13-2012 at 10:23 PM.
robbiej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:28 AM   #7
nguyen925

Name: jonathan
Pretty clean install there Robbie! I was trying to upgrade my door speakers as well but then I found out that by trying to do it by myself, I was unequipped to make a drummel plate? the wooden spacer between the door and speaker. Wish I could fix the rattling in my door though.. so lazy but I must get around to it..
nguyen925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #8
robbiej
Old Fart
Full Access Member

Added some paint......

Old 02-03-2016, 12:48 PM   #9
Mali

Name: Enter your name or name you wish to be refered to as.
powerful speakers, looks good!