Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Engine/Performance

Engine/Performance All things engine and performance.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
CXTKRS1
Super Moderator
Super Mod

Name: Chris
Question For those that have added performance mods to the xD...
how have the cars responded to bolt ons? I have considered adding a CAI and exhaust to my xD but I do not want to spend the money if all I'm going to get is a change in engine notes.
CXTKRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:30 PM   #2

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: jim
you don't need to spend anymore than $30 for an intake. the 1.8 repsinds very well to intake modifications. i just have a cone filter on the MAF and viola! worth every penny. i saw a dyno of a before and after doing that and that particular car gained around 7/10 ft/lbs of torque and like 7 hp. his HP/trq numbers were almost the same. not sure of exhaust stuff. i've seen no hard evidence yet
JDMJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:36 AM   #3

TheLittleDeviant
That Admin Guy
Full Access Member

Name: Ted
not many have dyno's the D yet... so your going off of butt dyno results... But for me with the intake and exhaust it does feel quicker than stock...

TheLittleDeviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:23 PM   #4
ohcrap

Name: ohcrap
Intake + exhaust may only equal a little more power but you'll be surprised how much more fun it is to drive. Sport springs also make a huge difference in the fun-factor.

However, my advice, just do intake and axle-back. A full custom catback is expensive, negligible power increase over axle-back (on our car), and annoyingly loud!
ohcrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:11 PM   #5

TexXBox
Full Access Member

Name: Steve
Strup has an axle back for the xD that I have heard good things about. If not a horsepower increase at least a gas mileage increase and a very sweet exhaust note if the clips are accurate.

I plan to do some airbox mods on my xD. A K&N filter and a few strategic holes in the filter housing made a noticeable difference in the throttle response on my gen 1 xB and was cheap.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:37 PM   #6
XDevolution
Full Access Member

Name: Anthony
I actually used those spectre parts from auto zone and made my own custom intake for the car. The only situation I ran into was pipe diameter. Our throttle body works best with 2.5 inch piping diameter. What I did was remount the maf closer to the throttle body with a coupler followed by coupling an 8 inch 22 degree elbow pipe. I have a k n n cone filter 3 inch diameter. So my intake closely resembles those of hiprospeed. The only difference is the fact that I have an aftermarket 3 inch diameter pipe coupled to the stock maf mount pipe of 2.5 inch diameter. I feel a huge difference in throttle response, take off, and definetly a benefit for mpg's I gaind about 3 mpg's on average since I installed it. I spent about $55 at max for all that. That's 2 couplers, 1, 22 degree bend pipe and a filter of your choice. I recommend fitting a 3 inch coupler extremely tight to the throttle body, the 2.5 inch one will just slide right off. But good luck with your car
XDevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 03:56 PM   #7
Mak_Ancemo

Name: Enter your name or name you wish to be refered to as.
Default For those that have added performance mods to the xD
im pretty sure that those are other maggots. its what ive always thought lol
Mak_Ancemo is offline   Reply With Quote