Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > General Discussion

General Discussion Discuss anything in general with your Scion xD here.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:19 AM   #21
rage

Name: Chris
Well here goes... I had owned a 06 tC.. modded everything on that car.. but then i seen the early release pics for the RS1... and my head got me thinking bout parting out and getting it... after much thought a couple months later.. i parted out a heavily modded tc in 3 days and traded it in for the RS1 xD.. and never looked back.. I love the xD and having much more fun with it than my tC

WOOT... 1st post
rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:47 PM   #22

ibeDAMD
Full Access Member

Name: TL
another tc to xD owner!!

Old 07-20-2009, 03:42 PM   #23
misformartin
Full Access Member

Send a message via AIM to misformartin
Well i dont technically own an xd.... but my gf had a tc before and long story short it was tottaled so we <3 scion so much we decided to get her another one... i wanted her to get another tc but she was set on getting an xd.. so here we are with an 09 magnetic grey xd...
misformartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:35 PM   #24

khans

Name: Kelsi
Because it's not a tC, xB, or xA.

I kid!

My brother bought an RS1 tC and got involved with ScinergyIA. Then, he went to Scikotics Asylum one year and eventually started the Des Moines chapter. I was a groupie and was thoroughly impressed by how accepting (and cool) Scinergy and Scikotics were (Tony would let me tag along to events and they'd ALWAYS talk to me and give me free tickets since I was a guest). I wanted something that was a little 'bulkier' and more 'suv-ish' than the xB or xA, so I knew I was going to get an xD even before they were released.

I signed the papers the day before my 21st birthday and waited just shy of a month for it to come in, then drove it to the meet right after I picked it up. Only 3 people knew about it, so my brother and the rest of the chapter were speechless when I drove up! All about the 'wow' factor baby!

- Miss Kelsi -
*DM HMFIC*

Last edited by khans; 07-21-2009 at 03:37 PM.
khans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:09 AM   #25
Chinkylulu

Name: Jenny
I got it cuz it was a good affordable commuter car and i love its uniqueness! =] Before i wanted the 1st gen xb when it came out but i didn't have the money at the time but my boyfriend has one and he just put in a muffler that sounds sooo beastly haha. =]
Chinkylulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:46 PM   #26
CXTKRS1
Super Moderator
Super Mod

Name: Chris
My old vehicle got rear ended and was totaled. I wanted something new and th xd had everything I wanted and I love the no haggle price.
CXTKRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:55 PM   #27
katchkillah
Super Moderator
Super Mod

Name: Kory
i got mine cause it was time to move on from the xb.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:52 PM   #28
mcbrew
Full Access Member

Name: Jesse
I was in need of another car when my VW Golf TDI was getting old and quirky. My list of priorities were:

- Good fuel economy 30+ at least. 35+ even better.
- Four door hatchback.
- Stability control (VSC).
- Good safety ratings.
- Manual transmission.
- The ability to tow 1,500# trailers.

Even though the average EPA rating for the xD is 28 MPG, I knew I could break 30, based on some reviews I saw. I was pretty sure I could break 35 and possibly 40. I was right about that -- my overall average is 37.2 MPG right now and rising. I have gotten a few tanks over 40 MPG... and as high as 41.6 in my normal commute. I can't wait to take it out on the highway to Michigan this fall and see what I can get! Oh, and that's true MPG, not the display. You can check out my progress on Fuelly.com (I also go by mcbrew on Fuelly).

Stability control was tough, since there weren't many 5-speed xDs that came with it. I had to wait and even change the color (even though I got the color I really wanted (red), it wasn't my wife's favorite). The thing I liked about the xD is that I didn't have to buy any "package" to get VSC. Honda makes you upgrade to the Sport and then to the Nav system before you can get stability control. That adds $2,500 to the price! Many other cars I looked at weren't available with stability control in the manual transmission or they didn't have it available with the most fuel efficient engine option.

The choice really came down to Fit or xD... and I prefer (slightly) the looks of the xD. Plus, my brother had just bought a Fit, and since the both of us drove VW Golfs for the past few years, I figured it was time for us to drive different makes!

As far as the towing, Toyota doesn't rate any of their cars for towing in the US because people here tend to be lawsuit-happy. They don't want to be responsible for someone getting into an accident at 90 MPH and a trailer flies off and kills someone. Fortunately, I was able to find out that the xD is largely based on the Yaris, which is rated to tow almost 2,000# (in Europe), and since I bought the xD, they have released it in England as the Urban Cruiser, which is rated to tow 1,900# (with a smaller engine than our xDs). I installed a Curt hitch and have towed three different trailers for hundreds of trouble-free miles. I'll be towing a trailer to PA (about 100 miles each way) to pick up some furniture this weekend. I still get more than 30 MPG with the trailer in tow!

Overall, I am very happy with the xD. It rattles and creaks more than the Golf... and the ride isn't as refined... but I think it is a lot of car for the money. I'm glad to see that they made VSC standard for 2010 models... well ahead of the 2012 deadline.
mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:10 PM   #29

SciFion
Solar System Surfer
Full Access Member

Name: Mike
I saw those pictures you posted in scionlife with the trailer. very surprising, I had never pictured an xD pulling a trailer, but your are proof that it works. By the way welcome to the forum!

SciFion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:17 AM   #30
notoriouseyk
Full Access Member

Name: eddie
Send a message via AIM to notoriouseyk Send a message via MSN to notoriouseyk Send a message via Yahoo to notoriouseyk
I bought my scion because my 2001 mercedes clk430 cabrio was draining my wallet with premium gas and ridiculous maintenance cost....i bought a silver basic automatic Scion XD with VSC only...lol...I dont know why but I have so much fun driving this thing....Im seriously debating selling the benzo and buying some nice wheels and stuff for the scion...i dont know what it is..its not super fast but it has a kick when you push the pedal...and the handling i cant wait till i get sway bars and the trd springs and struts stuff....just a warning to people about to buy a mercedes...all i can say is electronic hell in repairs.....
notoriouseyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:34 AM   #31
robbiej
Old Fart
Full Access Member

Name: Rob
I got mine because it was an RS and hot lava, any other color and I would still have my xA, it was in the United commercial, lol.
robbiej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:12 AM   #32
ScionXD

Name: Cerritos, CA
I was debating between Honda Fit and ScionXD.

Mostly, I choose ScionXD because it has more horse power. It uses Corolla Engine, which is great. My research on Fit is, it could use more horsepower, while doesn't have great MPG for its small engine.

And it doesn't hurt Scion is Made in Japan, I never drove a car made from there before. Just curious if the quality is better.
ScionXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:41 PM   #33

ibeDAMD
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by robbiej View Post
I got mine because it was an RS and hot lava, any other color and I would still have my xA, it was in the United commercial, lol.

exactly why i got mine! Luckily i still get to see my little Salsa Red xA, the girl who bought it lives in the same area as me.. but i dont regret it

Old 08-06-2009, 11:44 PM   #34
mcbrew
Full Access Member

Name: Jesse
Cuz I needed a truck!

mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:45 AM   #35
Ozzie

Name: Ozzie
This is my first post and I'm excited to have found this site! I was driving a 98 Dodge Ram and wanted something more fuel efficient and totally different, I've always liked the Xb, but when I saw the Xd I knew that was the car for me. I live in Southern California and see Xb everywhere so it's nice to have something a little less common. Sorry for being so long winded.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:02 AM   #36
katchkillah
Super Moderator
Super Mod

oh i know the other reason i left my xb, wanted to find another car with JDM goodies.

Old 09-06-2009, 04:20 PM   #37

ibeDAMD
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
This is my first post and I'm excited to have found this site! I was driving a 98 Dodge Ram and wanted something more fuel efficient and totally different, I've always liked the Xb, but when I saw the Xd I knew that was the car for me. I live in Southern California and see Xb everywhere so it's nice to have something a little less common. Sorry for being so long winded.
welcome Ozzie!! post some pics up of ur car!

Old 09-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #38

scion4us
Full Access Member

Name: Scott
Send a message via AIM to scion4us
Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
Welcome to the forums! What part of So Cal are you located in?

xD R.S.1 #195

http://www.knrdigital.com/zencart/
Team Koshak
Midnight Garage

www.scionevolution.org
Scion Evolution Central Coast Cali Co-Liaison
scion4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:05 PM   #39
Ozzie

Name: Ozzie
I live in Fullerton, in Orange County. I will post some pics soon, I'm trying to decide on what mods to make to my car. Looking at wheels, spoiler, etc.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:28 PM   #40
katchkillah
Super Moderator
Super Mod

welcome to the forums ozzie.