Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Engine/Performance

Engine/Performance All things engine and performance.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:29 PM   #1

ThisorThatxD
Full Access Member

Name: Chris
Default Dyno results
since we dont see many of these, thought i would share my chart. this was the best of 4 pulls. xD was real consistant. mods include intake, lightweight pulley, and cobbled together mess of an exhaust lol. this is whp.

ThisorThatxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #2

KylexD
Full Access Member

Name: Kyle
Not too bad! While still getting 30+ mpg!!
KylexD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #3

ThisorThatxD
Full Access Member

hah. yea i think after i get my exhaust taken care of ill take another crack at it. headers and midpipe should open it up nicely. i really want this little 1.8L to turn some heads.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:50 PM   #4

KylexD
Full Access Member

Oh yeah man. With all your basic performance mods, we should be able to get 140-150 to the wheel out of our little gas savers!!!
Old 01-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #5

ThisorThatxD
Full Access Member

idk. i dont think ill be getting that much out of exhaust alone. that would mean getting 15-25 hp out of it. 5-10 hp sounds more realistic.

outside of the intake, pulley, and exhaust, idk what else it could get. maybe some management? ive never looked into that before.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #6

KylexD
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by ThisorThatxD View Post
idk. i dont think ill be getting that much out of exhaust alone. that would mean getting 15-25 hp out of it. 5-10 hp sounds more realistic.

outside of the intake, pulley, and exhaust, idk what else it could get. maybe some management? ive never looked into that before.

Well i was referring to a combination of all the mods avail. besides turbo or sc.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #7

ThisorThatxD
Full Access Member

well yea of course. besides the exhaust i dont think i have anything else i can bolt on. unless im just being ignorant, which happens all too much O_x
Old 01-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #8

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: chris

i may be removing my long tube headers and cat-less midpipe in a month or so .. if i dont then i'll have to give mines a run too lol

Old 01-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #9

KylexD
Full Access Member

Why remove them. Im gonna be doing my intake in a month hopefully.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #10

ThisorThatxD
Full Access Member

id say he'd remove them cause of the noise, or something bigger lol. i havent decided on what kind of headers yet, but i will have to have a cat on my midpipe. inspections ;/
Old 01-16-2012, 10:16 PM   #11

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by ThisorThatxD View Post
id say he'd remove them cause of the noise, or something bigger lol. i havent decided on what kind of headers yet, but i will have to have a cat on my midpipe. inspections ;/
you are correct sir! I may remove the catless midpipe because its too much noise for my new work commute.

I may go with something bigger but i need a hook up when it comes to emissions. so i have to play the waiting game.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:10 PM   #12

KylexD
Full Access Member

lol, i hear that. Im gonna go for whatevers better performance wise. I love the MPG but its not gonna drop too far. Id rather get as much kick as i can out my D. Inspections...insmections...lmao, just ask that friend that knows somebody thats steals em. lol
Old 01-16-2012, 10:21 PM   #13

ThisorThatxD
Full Access Member

true. funny thing is even with mods my mpg hasnt been affected at all. as for inspections, eh i dont think having one cat will drain that much hp gain. especially if it is high-flow anyway. after all the legal nonsense ill just do a test pipe to see how far it goes.

still looking for input on what else (besides turbo/supercharger/NOS) to up the power here too.

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Originally Posted by xd_kidd View Post
you are correct sir! I may remove the catless midpipe because its too much noise for my new work commute.

I may go with something bigger but i need a hook up when it comes to emissions. so i have to play the waiting game.
yea i figured lol. i imagine mine will be obnoxious too even with a cat. my dc sports axle-back isnt what i call conservative. finding hook ups for emissions is easy enough, but the only issue is keeping those hook ups.

what were the numbers associated with the long-tube headers + midpipe (like hp gains?)
Old 01-16-2012, 10:33 PM   #14

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

i was fine with the trd catback alone. respectable low tone on the highway. dont get me wrong. longtube headers nd no cat sounds badass but school and work was all within the city. but yea i think my emissions doesnt come up till the next winter. so having a hook up then is lookin iffy. hp gains on the corolla was like somewhere between 8-10hp with the cats.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:16 PM   #15

ThisorThatxD
Full Access Member

sounds about right. still deciding to either go long or short tube header. i dont know enough yet to make a definite decision.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:22 PM   #16

KylexD
Full Access Member

Whats a long-tube diff from say a short tube? And the mid pipe with no cat, what about resonator?

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

still looking for input on what else (besides turbo/supercharger/NOS) to up the power here too.[COLOR="Silver"]

maybe not power, but for efficiency or say better performance....i think. You could look into a flywheel, and or short shifter?
Old 01-16-2012, 11:42 PM   #17

ThisorThatxD
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by KylexD View Post
Whats a long-tube diff from say a short tube? And the mid pipe with no cat, what about resonator?

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

still looking for input on what else (besides turbo/supercharger/NOS) to up the power here too.[COLOR="Silver"]

maybe not power, but for efficiency or say better performance....i think. You could look into a flywheel, and or short shifter?
still researching the long vs short tube headers. a straight midpipe is basically just x diameter piping to your muffler. resonators are used to dampen noise, but still cause flow disruption. cats control emissions, but also restrict flow. around here id go cat only due to emissions.

already have a short shift. it was so worth it in every way, especially with our long shifts. as for a lighter flywheel i havent heard anything great about them. it will free up rotational mass but at the cost of daily drivability. not sure i want to take that step, especially around here when traffic is a pain.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:05 AM   #18

KylexD
Full Access Member

You have front and rear strut/sway bars? And what about injectors? You wouldnt need a clutch kit unless you were goin turbo or sc right?
Old 01-17-2012, 08:19 AM   #19
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
If you don't have it look into an engine dampener. Not going to add HP but will help lessen the engine movement under acceleration and plant more power to the ground.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #20

ThisorThatxD
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by KylexD View Post
You have front and rear strut/sway bars? And what about injectors? You wouldnt need a clutch kit unless you were goin turbo or sc right?
i have a rear sway. helped tremendously in corners after i lowered. injectors eh. adding more fuel wont do much i dont think, besides make it run rich. the stock ecu would still probably put out the same amount anyway. clutch kit i actually was looking into, but no huge need until something like you said. and even then its not always required.

If you don't have it look into an engine dampener. Not going to add HP but will help lessen the engine movement under acceleration and plant more power to the ground.
i was thinking about that when i saw the pulls. engine did like to move around a bit. didnt someone do that on here? i dont think they make any specifically for us.