Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Audio/Interior Electronics

Audio/Interior Electronics Questions, tips/advice, comments and all things about car audio and other interior gagets.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:43 AM   #21
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
Originally Posted by simmons0613 View Post
Ya the xplods are really nice. 1200w max/500rms is the right. I love them. I say its over kill, because I listen to everything, it can go from almost no bass and the next song will be just insane. All mirrors will have to be readjusted. But I think that about 1500 watts for 2 12s and 2 6x9s will be perfect.
1500 would be nice for a decent system.

and I would personally go with sealed if you listen to a little of everything. sealed is better for all around than ported. Not saying ported wouldn't work but you would lose some db's on some songs if they were not at right frequency for the port.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:59 AM   #22

simmons0613
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Matt
Diffidently. I would go with a sealed. I never liked the sound of ported.

simmons0613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:12 PM   #23
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
Originally Posted by simmons0613 View Post
Diffidently. I would go with a sealed. I never liked the sound of ported.
Ported has to be tuned properly for the music you will be running. If you port is tuned at say 34Hz and you play two songs one with the beats around 45Hz and one with the beats around 35Hz. the song with the beats around 35Hz will sound better since it is closer to the tuning frequency than the 45Hz.

But there is some music like speed metal and others that sound much better in a sealed due to the quick changes and the quick rebounding abilities a sealed box has for the sub.

If playing mostly bassier music a ported box can be a better choice, if tuned properly.

I am not saying ported is the best over sealed both are good. Ported just takes more work/planning for it to get in the ideal performance area.