Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Audio/Interior Electronics

Audio/Interior Electronics Questions, tips/advice, comments and all things about car audio and other interior gagets.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:00 PM   #1
TannerTAKLarson

Name: Tanner
Default Anyone located in Vancouver wa?
I have an LED underbody kit but i do not want to take it to a professional and have them install it. It seems as if it is very simple but I am not the best at installing and wiring electronics on a car. A home stereo system yes, automobile no.... Any help??? please and thanks!
TannerTAKLarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:03 AM   #2

TheLittleDeviant
That Admin Guy
Full Access Member

Name: Ted
post pics of the wires... It should be a positive/negative set up... positive wire to the positive terminal on the battery, negative to any ground in the car, throw a switch on the positive power wire, and your done.

TheLittleDeviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:30 AM   #3
TannerTAKLarson

Alright well I'll give you some pictures tomorrow but I believe that I need an "expert" electrical person to install it otherwise my warranty will get voided.

xDAMD #1872
Old 07-26-2010, 09:31 PM   #4
TannerTAKLarson

Here are the pieces
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010-07-26_16.08.47.jpg (97.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 2010-07-26_16.09.17.jpg (95.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 2010-07-26_16.09.24.jpg (96.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 2010-07-26_16.09.31.jpg (93.3 KB, 6 views)

xDAMD #1872
Old 07-27-2010, 07:39 AM   #5

TheLittleDeviant
That Admin Guy
Full Access Member

Name: Ted
Looks easy enough, the main control unit is only a positive and negative, the rest of the wires plug into the main unit. Do a dry test, by plugging in everything and then just run the positive and negative wires to the battery, see if everything turns on. If everything works then just mount everything where you want them and hard wire the positive and then ground the negative to the chassis of the the car. Done

TheLittleDeviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:22 AM   #6
Rike

Name: Mike
Dry runs are always a good idea when working with new electronics. The last thing you want to do is get the whole thing installed only to find out that some part of it is not working because of a manufacturing defect or damage during shipping.
Rike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:22 PM   #7
JJGeneral1
Full Access Member

Name: Joe
Exactly rike. i bought the 3 million color kit (well, two front tubes, and two back tubes) and installed them inside. now i have the color changing patterns inside. and if i ever add the under body, i can tie them in to match to the interior ones.

looks like you got the 7 color ones?
JJGeneral1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:08 AM   #8
TannerTAKLarson

I just have the one color.. orange of course but it sounds easy enough the only thing that might be trouble is finding a dry place to put the main unit so that it doesnt get wet. Although it is supposed to be able to flash with the base also so I dont know how that all works into the process if I hook it up to the battery. Does it sense the pulse from my subs when the battery powers it?

xDAMD #1872
Old 07-31-2010, 12:44 PM   #9
JJGeneral1
Full Access Member

Name: Joe
Originally Posted by TannerTAKLarson View Post
I just have the one color.. orange of course but it sounds easy enough the only thing that might be trouble is finding a dry place to put the main unit so that it doesnt get wet. Although it is supposed to be able to flash with the base also so I dont know how that all works into the process if I hook it up to the battery. Does it sense the pulse from my subs when the battery powers it?

you lost me. couple questions.

where are you mounting the lights? (interior, or under body, or engine bay, etc)

what type of main unit is it? (is it user operable, or remote operated, and does it have sound detection?)

the battery is a solid output of voltage. no pulsing. all those units detect are sound waves, or vibrations. there's a detector built into the ones that have sound controls.

could you post some more info? thanks!
JJGeneral1 is offline   Reply With Quote