Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > General Discussion

General Discussion Discuss anything in general with your Scion xD here.

Old 03-22-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
SkittlesTheCat
Full Access Member

Name: Travis
Default Help on painting interior panels
Okay I hate the look of my gray interior panels that run along the sides I have seen many with them painted I'm wanting to paint them a glosy black but how do I take them off to do so ???
SkittlesTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:07 PM   #2

firstkingofbeer
Full Access Member

Name: Enter your name or name you wish to be refered to as.
***follow my guidance at your own risk, i will not be responsible if you break anything. just take your time and pay attention and you should be fine*** you will have to half way remove all the door seals, they dont have to come completely off. all the pillars all pretty much pop off. the front pillars will pop out at the top a little bit, you have to stick your finger or something small enough to turn a piece of plastic that is holding it down. just rotate it 90 degrees and youll be able to pull that one out. for the middle pillars you have to pop the bottom half off first, then you can get the top portion out. i cant remember if you have to unbolt the seatbelt to get that piece off. then the rear pillars you have to take the piece in the center bottom of the hatch out, i believe that one just pulls out, then to get the bottom portions of the pillars out you have to unbolt the cargo strap holder things, they are metal and youll notice what im talking about when your there, and they are also held in with 1 screw each towards the top of the bottom piece where the cargo cover goes. once those are out you can begin working on the top portion. once again im not positive but im pretty sure you have to unbolt the seatbelts to get those parts off as well. everything pops off pretty much. good luck! if you have any more questions i might be able to help but i havent been near my car since 4th of july and wont see it again till sometime next month but ive taken the parts out several times.
firstkingofbeer is offline   Reply With Quote