Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > General Discussion

General Discussion Discuss anything in general with your Scion xD here.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
asurjc

Name: Robert
Default Is this where everyone has migrated to?
The only thing on the xD side of SL these days seems to be the faint sound of wind and tumbleweed blowing here and there. Having found this forum when a user on SL linked to a post of his over here, I must say at first impression I like it much better.
asurjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:27 PM   #2

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: chris
Unfortunally its lookin the same on this side too. If we had more aftermarket parts there wld be more to tlk about lol
xd_kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:31 PM   #3
asurjc

I like how there seems to be more access to 3rd party vendors(whatever few there are) here at least.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:22 AM   #4

TheLittleDeviant
That Admin Guy
Full Access Member

Name: Ted
well I'm here, lol.

We have a few of us actually.

TheLittleDeviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:48 PM   #5
asurjc

Originally Posted by xd_kidd View Post
Unfortunally its lookin the same on this side too. If we had more aftermarket parts there wld be more to tlk about lol
I agree but there just don't appear to be that many xD's on the road. I wonder what kind of return the folks that do support our cars are getting. My guess is probably not much. Most Scion's I see on the road are tC's by far, then xB's. I think I could count on one hand the number of times I've seen another xD while I've been out driving around. To put it in perspective, I can't drive around the block without seeing an accord, civic, sentra, etc....I suppose this is the cost of having a unique car.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:06 AM   #6

fantomXD
Full Access Member

Name: Nick
Send a message via AIM to fantomXD
Since I started looking at the xD, I think I have only seen maybe 3 xDs driving around
fantomXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:25 AM   #7
CXTKRS1
Super Moderator
Super Mod

Name: Chris
Small production and not many people go further than TRD when it comes to modding these cars.
CXTKRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:59 PM   #8

x2cafn8dx
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: 2cafn8d
Send a message via AIM to x2cafn8dx Send a message via Yahoo to x2cafn8dx
yea.. that's the snag i'm running into. LOVE how i go to local cruises and most people still have no idea what my car is. I need to make one of those plaques to put on the motor or in front of the car
x2cafn8dx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:32 PM   #9

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: jim
yea, i went to a Scion meet last weekend and they made me take the xD trophy....no visible mods, no aftermarket wheels....i didn't want the trophy at all. Scion meets in general have fallen thru the floor in Chicago. Scion owners don't support Scion Corp like Scion has supported us here. shame
JDMJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:34 PM   #10
asurjc

Are you saying that it's acceptable to go to a meet without many mods? I don't have any real visible mods (save for my trd springs and pm axle-back) but have always wanted to at least see what a meet was about. I live in the Atlanta area and as far as I know there are meets nearby from time to time.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:30 PM   #11

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: chris
Originally Posted by JDMJim View Post
yea, i went to a Scion meet last weekend and they made me take the xD trophy....no visible mods, no aftermarket wheels....i didn't want the trophy at all.
can ii have the trophy? haha
xd_kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:14 PM   #12

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

sure. I only have the TRD suspension, filter and an extender on the shifter. I don't like those handing out trophies cuz it was the only car.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:47 PM   #13
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
Unfortunately I do not get on here as much as I like. Too much going on. But it all depends on the area you are in. I am starting to see more and more xDs in my area. First gen xBs used to own all in this area now it is the tC. now I am happy to see more than two xDs at some shows. Used to be mine and Luci's at any shows around here.

Aftermarket for these cars does suck. wish there was more support but do understand why there isn't.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:10 PM   #14
katchkillah
Super Moderator
Super Mod

Name: Kory
welcome to the forums. i've been laggin on my xd too. finding things i like and want to do is getting harder and harder. ok well more expensive and i need to save up for it. but everytime i start, i spend it on dumb stuff.

here in hawaii i see a few xd's everyday but they are all stock and i get weird looks from them when i roll up next to them. but in the car show scene there's no xd's in hawaii. my friend robbie finally sold his back to the dealership so i'm not sure where that one will be going. and then i know of 2 others that did quite a few things but they don't come out to shows but they do lurk the scion forums. and i've only seen 3 other xd's with rims and 5axis kits (2 white, 1 black). wish those would come out to the shows. cause it's usually just my xd now.

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
Aftermarket for these cars does suck. wish there was more support but do understand why there isn't.
wish it was more popular in japan. i can only find a handful of stuff.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:26 PM   #15

xDizzle
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Kevin
Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
Unfortunately I do not get on here as much as I like. Too much going on. But it all depends on the area you are in. I am starting to see more and more xDs in my area. First gen xBs used to own all in this area now it is the tC. now I am happy to see more than two xDs at some shows. Used to be mine and Luci's at any shows around here.

im there sumtimes lol
xDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:22 AM   #16
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
Originally Posted by xDizzle View Post
im there sumtimes lol
I stand corrected. I totally remembered you after the post Kevin. It was like me and Luci for a few, then the three of us for a couple, then me and Luci a couple of times I believe, then about 4 or five now.. lol but shows seem to be thinning out too. at least any decent shows.

BUT 11/6/2010 Sibling Rivalry in Jacksonville.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:08 AM   #17

xDizzle
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Kevin
lol very tru i havent been to any this year except exposed but im def going to be there for SR
xDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:13 PM   #18
robbiej
Old Fart
Full Access Member

Name: Rob
Had 3 xD's at Pandemonium last weekend, 2 RS 1.0's and a stock white one. Had a good time but would've liked to see more xD's.
robbiej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:18 PM   #19

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

last couple get togethers I've been to, one had no xB2's and the xB1's out numbered the tC's and 1 RS1 xD.

another had 1 xB1, 2 xB2's and my stock normal xD with a few tC's. our Scion scene is getting sad.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:24 PM   #20

TexXBox
Full Access Member

Name: Steve
For suspension, chassis, engine and drive line a lot of Yaris parts will fit the xD as they use the same platform for the current models. Just do some checking first as the ones that don't really don't. Not much for exterior stuff and nobody makes any headlights that I have found.

I see several xD's daily around the Dallas area and I would say they are all stock. I know of three that are noticeably modified in the area Scion clubs.