Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Engine/Performance

Engine/Performance All things engine and performance.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #1
Zoohu

Name: Ryan
Default Turbo.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-T3...ebd566&vxp=mtr

Might look into this.

Gain up to 350HP.
i might only get 100-150 but i can still say im boosted ;D
Zoohu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #2

firstkingofbeer
Full Access Member

Name: Enter your name or name you wish to be refered to as.
i would suggest against that set up.
firstkingofbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #3
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
^^^ditto. You can say you are boosted for about a day if you try to get anything out of it. There is no tuning for the xd to use turbo. The people who have boosted the car either disappeared without saying what happened or they flat out blew their engines.

The only xD that has had boost with success is the Rally xD but the have factory backing by Greddy. So they have people working to make it work.

You could boost these engines but in all honesty, and as much as I hate to say it because i like one off stuff and custom, it would be cheaper and less headache in long run to start with another platform. Since the xD hasn't and most like wont ever have anyoen venture to put time to see what can be had from these cars. Unless Carolla peeps step up. For the cost that you would pontentially spend to get the xD to run with boost and HOPE that the engine would stay together you could get a MazdaSpeed 3 that comes boosted from factory at 263HP. there are others also, I just happen to like the speed3

Old 09-01-2012, 01:04 AM   #4
cdnsigop

Name: Enter your name or name you wish to be refered to as.
A Greddy Emanage Ultimate works for tuning just fine. The rest of the turbo hardware would have to be custom (unless a 1ZZ kit will bolt up). The 2ZR rods appear to be close to the 1ZZ in terms of size/strength.

Dont waste your money on that kit though!
cdnsigop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #5

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: chris
Ebay kits_ some has been successful, but mostly hondas and acuras. But best believe, they can work. But won't last. Will need to replace/reweld often to make it fit or it can just break.

Our cars can't up to 350hp with out serious internal work

Rule of thumb for boosting. 50% of your stock power. Ex xd= 128hp. So add around 64hp if you want to stay safe. 200hp would be great for our car.

2zrfe is a successor to 1zz, but highly similar. I'm sure it can handle 250 at the tops with some pistons, rods, and meth. Our engine is a bit more advance nd inconvenient to obtain the parts so custom parts nd tune will be necessary. Apexi nd ultimate manage are ideal. It isn't a cheap hobby/lifestyle

If anyone is going to boost. Do it right the first time otherwise your gonna spend a lot more just to fix the damage. Take it to a local shop nd they can set up a decent one for 3.5-5k

Not trying to be d*ck but gotta do the research ppl.