Go Back   Scion XD Forum > Members Hangout > Introductions

Introductions Are you new to the forums? Come in here and posts a little about ya!

Old 01-25-2010, 07:20 PM   #1

Indemnity83

Name: Kyle
Default tC Owner, xD Lover
Long story short if I had been buying a car a few years later, I very likely would have chosen the xD over the tC (RS1 xD's are sexy).

My name is Kyle, and I thought I should introduce myself. I'm an owner of a 2005 scion tC and was once a very active member and moderator over at http://yoursciontc.com. For a few years, I babied my tC, putting hard work into making it look exactly how I wanted, my car was a statement of who I was. But, as my employment changed and other general facts of life started creeping in, I would go longer between car washes, my activity on the forums dwindled and my excitement about spending money on the tC went away.

Going back a bit, in May 2007 I was invited to go to Scion United (my car even made the shoot, albeit way in the background) and I had a chance to poke around at the very newly announced RS1 xD and really loved it. 4-doors, cargo room, style and 48R 'Hot Lava' paint color.

Since then I've just been waiting for the day that I can trade the tC for an xD, unfortunately, with the economy the way it is and a need to save money I can't justify a trade in and with Toyota's renowned manufacturing quality, I don't expect to need to replace the tC for another 150,000 miles at least.

So here I am, looking to live vicariously though a crowd of xD owners and enthusiasts

Old 01-25-2010, 09:00 PM   #2

SciFion
Solar System Surfer
Full Access Member

Name: Mike
Wow, glad your here Kyle! Your situation may change and that RS1 may still be on the horizon. Now and then we see these cars for sale on EBAY and other places. They usually go fast, but many of us here are on the lookout and post up on them when we see them.

You may be able to swap cars with a dealer selling a used one, it's worth a try.

Anyway, great looking tC, and welcome to the forum!

SciFion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:20 AM   #3

TheLittleDeviant
That Admin Guy
Full Access Member

Name: Ted
Kyle, thanks for coming over and checking us out. The tC is pimp! Very nice work on it.

TheLittleDeviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:46 PM   #4

Shaggy
Administrator
Administrator

Name: Bryan
Wow Kyle, nice intro

Glad you found your way here!
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:21 PM   #5
misformartin
Full Access Member

Send a message via AIM to misformartin
welcome... from a former tc owner : ) i lover the xd aswell which is why when the tc got tottaled we bought a xd
misformartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:03 PM   #6

YELOSUB
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Tim
Welcome and thanks again for the the little tag that we can add to our signature...