Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > General Discussion

General Discussion Discuss anything in general with your Scion xD here.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:09 AM   #1
longlostlotrelf

Name: Lost Lord of the Rings Elf
Send a message via AIM to longlostlotrelf
Default Had to say a sad goodbye to Emoticon.
Hey guys,
I know I disappeared for awhile I've just been so busy with work and work and work!

On 09/05/2012 I was in a really nasty car accident with my 2008 Nautical Blue Metallic Scion xD. This was only my second car, but I was in love with it. I had a VW Jetta before and it was just...full of fail. We traded it in on an xD and I was immediately in love. I loved driving that car...and now it's gone. It was declared a total loss. I still owed money on my loan so all the insurance money is going towards my loan to pay it off. While it's wonderful that I don't have to pay for a car that doesn't exist (thanks to GAP insurance!) I'm now left at square one to pay for a new car, and I don't have enough for a down payment but we're working with a dealer that will hopefully let me have a decent payment with 0 down.

The accident was in no way my fault. I was stopped behind someone who was waiting to turn left while there were cars on coming, a teen girl was going about 40mph in a 25mph zone and never tried to stop, she just hit me from behind and shoved me into the car in front of me. I've been in car accidents before, one much worse than this one. But this one has jarred me up quite a bit. I'm a mess. Her car? Has little to no damage. Mine was a wreck...literally. I could tell the second I saw it after I got out that it was going to be totaled. They had to rip the bumper off to tow it, and all the metal from the back was just wedged into the left back tire not allowing it to move. All she could say when she got out is that she didn't see my brake lights...I'm devastated. I loved that Scion to literal pieces.

So I've been looking into another Scion xD this time brand new. The Amazon Green color. We are just trying to get a loan approved at this time but I had a question just for randomness. Is there any customization available with the radio? Such as text or color? anything? any little easter eggs in the 2012 I should know about? haha....

It looks to be about the same besides the audio system, so I do feel comfortable with it.

Pictures are below....

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

http://imgur.com/a/ik3SX#0

Last edited by longlostlotrelf; 09-12-2012 at 11:59 PM.
longlostlotrelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:59 AM   #2
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
Sucks about the car and the accident. If she didn't see your brake lights she was obviously preoccupied.

As for financing good luck. Shouldn't be to hard. Most of my cars, minus the Focus we just bought, I got without a down payment and paying $0 out the door. The Focus we just put money down because we had it and to help with payment.

And the radio. If you get at least the upgraded Pioneer, step up from base but not the full navi set up, it has the preouts on the back already to add audio and it has 2 color options for the buttons blue and orange. and it will allow you to change to display/screensaver to multiple preset pics or you can add your own.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #3
kervin2004

Name: Trojasora
youll get money from her insurance anyways right? or her insurance should pay your car so you can get another car.
kervin2004 is offline   Reply With Quote