Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Engine/Performance

Engine/Performance All things engine and performance.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:45 AM   #1
XDevolution
Full Access Member

Name: Anthony
Default Rotrex Supercharger
Rotrex has a supercharger for the yaris ts (non-turbo) correct me if im wrong but isnt that the same platform and engine as our cars? cause if your thinking what im thinking , i think this supercharger will be compatable with our cars as well. feedback please!!! :-D

Old 11-24-2010, 04:54 PM   #2

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: chris
Originally Posted by XDevolution View Post
Rotrex has a supercharger for the yaris ts (non-turbo) correct me if im wrong but isnt that the same platform and engine as our cars? cause if your thinking what im thinking , i think this supercharger will be compatable with our cars as well. feedback please!!! :-D
it can be done.. about 2200 for the kit .. about 500-600 to install .. about another around 1200 for emanage/tuning.
xd_kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:28 PM   #3
XDevolution
Full Access Member

there is no possible way to do a self install? and i heard that its already pre tuned for 6 psi, youtube the video i saw it and the guy has the ts completely stock except for an 80mm pulley for added boost and there was no re-flash or anything, but i might be wrong, is tuning needed or is it optional? thats my question.

Old 11-25-2010, 06:53 PM   #4

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

Its optional. The car can prolly run safely if it runs 5-6psi tops but ii wld be peranoid to push it. Anymore than that and you can face some engine damage in the long run
Old 11-26-2010, 03:14 AM   #5
CXTKRS1
Super Moderator
Super Mod

Name: Chris
Originally Posted by xd_kidd View Post
it can be done.. about 2200 for the kit .. about 500-600 to install .. about another around 1200 for emanage/tuning.
Just to get your doors blown off by a Mazdaspeed3.
CXTKRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:20 PM   #6
XDevolution
Full Access Member

so basically even if u do set it to a safe boost level there is still chance of some engine damage/failure anyway? some time eventually ofcourse? accordin to the sources i saw some guy set it to 6 psi and his engne only lasted another 36k miles. i rather keep simple bolt ons with a tune if thats gonna be the situation.

Old 11-26-2010, 03:46 PM   #7

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by CXTKRS1 View Post
Just to get your doors blown off by a Mazdaspeed3.
actually it was a mazdaspeed 6 lol .. thats why im considering getn my volvo back next yr. i want the s60R. but im sure ii will miss this lil box. gots good gas milage lol

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

actually because the the xd is light.. with alil over 200 horses... it will run in the 13s .. in the high 200's it can do 12's based on how the 03-08 corollas do in that power range. but yea tuning is something your gonna want
Old 12-06-2010, 02:08 PM   #8
XDevolution
Full Access Member

The supercharger is now available to purchase, to bad i dont have 11Gs to spend on it :/ yea $11,000 the price is 9'990 CHF which is switzerland/france currency and when i used a converter to see how much it would cost here it came out to like $10,740. I dont think it will cost that much but thats what i got so far.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:34 AM   #9
Whack-A-Mole
Full Access Member

Name: Thadeus
The supercharger is now available to purchase, to bad i dont have 11Gs to spend on it :/ yea $11,000 the price is 9'990 CHF which is switzerland/france currency and when i used a converter to see how much it would cost here it came out to like $10,740. I dont think it will cost that much but thats what i got so far.
Yeah, I would love to have this kit as well! The 9'990 price is a little above 10k US, but if you translate the page that includes dealer installation!
http://translate.google.com/translat...al%26prmd%3Div
Here is the what the kit includes.http://www.bemani.ch/Site/images/Kom...0Teilesatz.jpg
Now if we could someone that speaks German and a place to buy it. Oh yeah, and ditch the exhaust.
Whack-A-Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:46 AM   #10

x2cafn8dx
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: 2cafn8d
Send a message via AIM to x2cafn8dx Send a message via Yahoo to x2cafn8dx
Originally Posted by xd_kidd View Post
actually it was a mazdaspeed 6 lol .. thats why im considering getn my volvo back next yr. i want the s60R. but im sure ii will miss this lil box. gots good gas milage lol

I want a V70R.. i <3 wagons

http://www.facebook.com/2cafn8d
x2cafn8dx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:36 PM   #11

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by x2cafn8dx View Post
I want a V70R.. i <3 wagons
another volvo fan haha. its a true sleeper. v70R are fast!!! and I like the new v50 t5 too its like a bit of down grade of a v70R .. but ii like the looks and with 220hp turbo awd 6spd ii cannot complain lol
Old 12-09-2010, 09:42 AM   #12
Whack-A-Mole
Full Access Member

Hey, you live in merry-land right? Go to Under Dog Racing (Huntingtown, MD 20639), and harass them until they build a C15-60 rotrex kit for our car. They seem to use rotrex in their other toyota s/c kits.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:26 AM   #13

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

Ii would but ii already spend my last 6k on school. Coilovers. And meaningless crap =/ lol
Old 12-09-2010, 01:01 PM   #14
XDevolution
Full Access Member

I don't understand how the fit, and the brand new fiesta have turbo's and more performance parts available for them. as far as im concerned those cars arnt even worth upgrading...the fit i kinda understand cus thats our competition but the fiesta???? come on man.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Whack-A-Mole View Post
Yeah, I would love to have this kit as well! The 9'990 price is a little above 10k US, but if you translate the page that includes dealer installation!
http://translate.google.com/translat...al%26prmd%3Div
Here is the what the kit includes.http://www.bemani.ch/Site/images/Kom...0Teilesatz.jpg
Now if we could someone that speaks German and a place to buy it. Oh yeah, and ditch the exhaust.
There is no need for the exhaust that would probably knock off like 1G and i think that its optional anyway, that price given was the cost of the kit plus installation so im pretty sure an experianced person can do a self install. knockin off yet another 1G mayb 2G's so were lookin at possibly a $7G kit but with that installed on an XD its gonna be a little torque monster

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

I did a calcuation as of to what the power output would be in american units and were lookin at 212HP/ and 200ft/lb torque given the kit is installed with the pre-set tune. So lets see, add the weapon r headers, the nst crank pulley, magnaflow cat-back and a good intake, the XD can output mayb 245WHP with probable 240 or more ft/lb of torque.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:15 PM   #15
CXTKRS1
Super Moderator
Super Mod

I don't understand how the fit, and the brand new fiesta have turbo's and more performance parts available for them. as far as im concerned those cars arnt even worth upgrading...the fit i kinda understand cus thats our competition but the fiesta???? come on man.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

There is no need for the exhaust that would probably knock off like 1G and i think that its optional anyway, that price given was the cost of the kit plus installation so im pretty sure an experianced person can do a self install. knockin off yet another 1G mayb 2G's so were lookin at possibly a $7G kit but with that installed on an XD its gonna be a little torque monster

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

I did a calcuation as of to what the power output would be in american units and were lookin at 212HP/ and 200ft/lb torque given the kit is installed with the pre-set tune. So lets see, add the weapon r headers, the nst crank pulley, magnaflow cat-back and a good intake, the XD can output mayb 245WHP with probable 240 or more ft/lb of torque.
Not to throw a wrench into those....mathematics... but the internals will not hold up under that kind of load over a long period of time.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:21 PM   #16

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

200hp shud be internal friendly with our cars .. ii say 230hp with a good tune tops.. anything more than that could cause failure

Last edited by xd_kidd; 12-09-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:21 AM   #17
Whack-A-Mole
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by CXTKRS1 View Post
Not to throw a wrench into those....mathematics... but the internals will not hold up under that kind of load over a long period of time.
Lighten up Negative Nancie. How do you figure it won't hold up? Hopefully you're not parroting something someone has said because it sounds good. Of coarse forced induction puts more stress on parts causing extra wear. It happens in all engines. If you want your motor to last forever, never turn it on.

Man, if they're covering it with a factory warranty by toyota in Switzerland. It should be fairly reliable. If available, I would buy one for my car. My car may not last 250k, but it should last over 130k with moderate boost, tune, and fuel system upgrade.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:24 AM   #18

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

Of coarse forced induction puts more stress on parts causing extra wear. It happens in all engines. If you want your motor to last forever, never turn it on.

M
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
+1

Old 12-10-2010, 12:19 PM   #19
XDevolution
Full Access Member

Lighten up Negative Nancie. How do you figure it won't hold up? Hopefully you're not parroting something someone has said because it sounds good. Of coarse forced induction puts more stress on parts causing extra wear. It happens in all engines. If you want your motor to last forever, never turn it on.

Man, if they're covering it with a factory warranty by toyota in Switzerland. It should be fairly reliable. If available, I would buy one for my car. My car may not last 250k, but it should last over 130k with moderate boost, tune, and fuel system upgrade.
In your opinion what is an optimal boost level for our cars? the video on youtube i spoke of earlier states that whoever purchased the kit tuned it to 12 psi and it only lasted him 36K miles (yaris ts) the pre set boost level is 6 psi i believe, so would that mean the car would last only 72k miles....and would it be recommended to leave the pre-set tune or or get it tuned after purchase. And fuel system upgrade? mean larger injectors? or what exactly?

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

.......and bottom line 7K for a supercharger kit is just ridiculous anyway, with that your better off gettin custom work done. It would be a nice addition to the engine bay and performance wise it will do well but for the price again, i"ll keep to simple bolt-ons.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:15 PM   #20
CXTKRS1
Super Moderator
Super Mod

Forced induction will cause parts to wear down faster really and I only thought running the bottle caused that. In reality you have no idea how long this car will last with even moderate levels of boost such as 6 PSI. The amount of research done on this topic is few and far between. I can also promise you Toyota NA will never cover that under the factory warranty. I just cannot see the point in paying several thousand dollars just so you can still have your doors blown off by real performance cars.