Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Engine/Performance

Engine/Performance All things engine and performance.

Old 11-12-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
XDevolution
Full Access Member

Name: Anthony
Default Throttle body spacer?
does anyone know of a company that would carry a spacer for our cars? and can anyone attest to company hype, i've read several reviews on throttle body spacers in general stating that gains can be very substantial, airraid claimed 20 extra hp (dyno proven apparently...) i just wanna clarify this with anyone.

Old 11-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #2

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: chris
Not for our cars... ima save you lots of trouble... no company makes crap for our cars lol.. its sad but true .. we pretty much only gots suspension. Intake. And exhausts.. anything else has to be custom made
xd_kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
XDevolution
Full Access Member

Name: Anthony
yea man i work on a computer all day so all i do look at parts or look for parts for the car, it sucks cus there is so much potential but unless you have connections or alot of money lol you really cant do anything for the car, i guess we gotta wait another 2-3 years and maybe just maybe there will be just as many parts for our cars as they do for xb's and tc's

Old 11-12-2010, 10:37 PM   #4

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: jim
Originally Posted by xd_kidd View Post
Not for our cars... ima save you lots of trouble... no company makes crap for our cars lol.. its sad but true .. we pretty much only gots suspension. Intake. And mufflers.. everthing else has to be custom made
fixed!
JDMJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:54 PM   #5

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: chris
Originally Posted by JDMJim View Post
fixed!
actually you misspelled "everthing" (everything)

fixed! lol
xd_kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:10 PM   #6

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

yup, i saw that!!! lol
Old 11-15-2010, 10:08 AM   #7
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
Throttle body spacers on our cars would not gain very much, if any, HP. There are some things it may effect and I know from experience with the First Gen xB, both manual and automatic, that it affects the throttle response and it changes the power band. On both vehicle me and a friend had a throttle body spacer that had a spiral cut design in it and from the same guy who made them. On my manual trans it inceased my throttle response and changed my power band from about 2500 to redline as opposed to the 3000/3500 to 5000 rpm power band. On his Auto trans it went from from about 3000 to redline before even hesistating and used to be about 3500 to about 5000 rpm power band.

You will get people that say it works and others to say not at all. I will say it works for somethings but not what the companies and most people make them out to be. 20hp increase and great gas mileage. NOT A CHANCE. couple of HP and better power band yes.

Throttle Body Spacer are mainly for Carburated Vehicles. it helps with the Air Fuel mixing on carbutrated vehicles and the better mixture creates better results. As ossposed to a fuel injected vehicle like ours where were are already running pretty good effiency on air fuel mixture so it wont affect us as much if any.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:56 AM   #8

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

i was first thinking the intake plenum spacer when I read this. but yea, I see no need to make the air intake technically longer.