Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Suspension

Suspension Wheels, tires, springs/coilovers, or any other suspension and handling related topics and questions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2011, 10:30 AM   #1

Vengeful Squid
Full Access Member

Name: Mr Squid
Default Drag DR-31 installed
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...=Car%2FMinivan

Purchased from ^^.

Specs: 16x7, +40 offset. Flat black color.
Weight: 16.7 lbs (from manufacturer website)

Impressions:

For $110 a piece with free shipping and a $40 discount, these wheels became my first choice after several months of research.

I decided to FIRST choose a tire size/brand/model that had the biggest bang for the buck. I've had 17+ wheels and tires on previous cars before but i wanted my xd project to be more budget friendly. My 2nd choice wheel was actually the forge-like quality enkei Fujin ($175) in 17x7.5, another great bang-for-buck wheel at 17.5 lbs each, with a quality and durability better than Drag.

I'm still on the stock B Stones but will upgrade later when they wear out to 205/55/16's, which have a lot of availability in choices for cheaper prices than 17s, and FAR cheaper (and lighter) than 18s.

Unlike a lot of XD projects i was less concerned with "show" and wanted more "go". with that said the Drag DR-31's shaved an amazing 8.3 lbs per corner. The ease of acceleration is obvious and the car feels more nimble! I'm sure braking performance has improved, as well. These results are what I was hoping for and I am satisfied. I chose flat black to go with my black exterior for a "stealth" look, plus i've always wanted black wheels.

Dealing with Discount Tire Direct was mostly trouble free. The sales person (chrisx xtn 51804) i dealt with was friendly. the only issue was some miscommunication between Discount Tire and UPS on my instructions to have the wheels dropped shipped to my local shop. The issue was resolved, however, thanks to the sales person.

oh, and for the record, THE STOCK OFFSET FOR THE OEM 16" STEELIE IS +32. Found out from local shop, since no one here seems to know.

6 months into ownership and my project XD's mod progression has been super quick. I'll have to stop for awhile unless i want to live off bread and water ($)!

Last edited by Vengeful Squid; 10-15-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Vengeful Squid is offline   Reply With Quote