Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Suspension

Suspension Wheels, tires, springs/coilovers, or any other suspension and handling related topics and questions.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:40 PM   #1
cubanoloko

Name: cubanoloko
Default Handling problem
Sup guys, so my l scion is pulling to the right, it has been doing it for a while now, ive done aliggment and balance to ot, i havent rotated the tires yet, i dont know of it could tire related or other problems with the mechanis
, i took it to the dealer and since i have deopped my car, its not under warranty no more, but the guy told me that needed camber bolts wich i bought amd put on, nothing chnaged, still pulls to the right...i was reading on other post on the web that it could be a bad caliper or something bet(this car has never been crashed) or could be a bad tire....anyone expected this problems with you xd before? Thnks.
cubanoloko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
sjscion09

Name: sjscion09 GOT xD??
You could be looking at diff reasons for it pulling like that. If you put Camber bolts in after an alignment then have it re aligned. Also it wouldnt be a caliper but it could be the slides in your brakes. The slide pins could be "frozen" and causing the caliper to not move. If you havent had a brake job done yet then have the pads and rotors replaced and make sure the slides are well greased.
sjscion09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #3

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: jim
My xD "came" with toe-out which I had corrected. consider that. as I delt with the dealer 3-4 times about before I gave up on it and hit up the college I went to which then they told me about the toe-out. I do notice the front end gets jumpy on teh crowned roads if a tire gets a little low too. This seems to be one car you gotta keep up on....
JDMJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #4
cubanoloko

Name: cubanoloko
i did a tire ratation, i have rotative tires, so i can only put rear tires on the front, some of the pull went away, but it still pulling a little bit, imma get an alignment doen and tell the guy to relly look into it and all the reason it could, also imma be geting new tires soon, the ones i have are a bad brand...
cubanoloko is offline   Reply With Quote